This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Bosch FLEXIDOME IP outdoor 5000i.
Overview of the Sony SNC-EM642R
The outdoor-ready, Sony SNC-EM642R dome IP camera is IK10-rated and delivers HD 1080p video at up to 60 frames per second (fps). It supports true day/night recording and is enhanced by integrated infrared (IR) illumination, delivering clear night-time images up to 60 metres (30 IRE). Additional features include View-DR, Face detection, XDNR noise reduction, edge storage and support for Power-over-Ethernet (PoE+).
A varifocal lens provides wide horizontal viewing angles (up to 105.3°) and allows optimum scene coverage to be set during installation. Real-time investigation into regions of interests can be made using the units 3x optical zoom, and a 4x digital zoom provides quick close-ups of the original image. For optimised viewing in narrow scenes, Image Rotation allows the user to rotate the sensor 90° (or 270°) - preventing the recording of redundant areas.
The camera has the ability to deliver full-colour video in extreme low-light conditions using a sensitive type Exmor R CMOS image sensor and XDNR processing. View-DR technology helps to improve images captured in challenging lighting conditions by compensating for bright light and dark shadows – ensuring that individuals and objects remain clearly visible. Image Stabilisation is also supported which helps to keep video smooth and steady when the camera is affected by vibrations.
Camera-based video motion detection alarms are configurable, and Sony’s DEPA advanced video analytics increase overall scene awareness through rule-based alarm triggers and object filters. Intelligent Face Detection technology allows users to quickly find and retrieve events where human faces are present by rapidly indexing recordings.
Multiple H.264 and Motion JPEG video streams are supported and enable the user to view a live feed in high-definition and record in a lower definition - saving on storage costs. On-board storage provides a handy backup if the network fails, recording files onto the SD card (card not included). Additionally, with support for PoE+, this camera can receive power and network connectivity over one cable for cost-effective installation.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select one from the accessories tab if required.
Key features & benefits
- Delivers HD 1080p resolution at up to 60 frames per second (fps) for smooth live views and playback
- Varifocal lens offers wide horizontal views of up to 105.3° for optimum scene coverage
- True day/night functionality with integrated IR-cut filter provides round-the-clock CCTV surveillance
- Built-in infrared LEDs provide up to 60m (30 IRE) of night vision
- Exmor R CMOS image sensor and XDNR processing allows for full colour image capture in light levels as low as 0.006 lux
- IP66 and IK10-rated housing allows for safe deployment in exposed outdoor areas
- View-DR wide dynamic range ensures the capture of details in high contrast scenes
- Image stabiliser helps to capture smooth video, even when the camera is subject to vibrations
- Face detection allows rapid indexing of recordings for quick retrieval of events that contain human faces
- Narrow scenes are monitored effectively using Image Rotation technology
- Configurable video motion detection alarms and DEPA Advanced video analytics help increase overall scene awareness
- Integrated SD card storage (card not included) provides a handy backup of data if connection to the network is lost
- PoE+ support delivers power and network connectivity over a single cable
- Smartphone viewing provides flexible monitoring whilst on the move via Sony Smartphone Viewer
Compatible recording platforms
The Sony SNC-EM642R dome IP camera is housed in outdoor-ready, IK10-rated casing and can deliver smooth, HD 1080p video in exposed locations – 24 hours a day. Typical applications include petrol stations, car parks and loading bays.
- Wire rope
- Camera unit mounting screws x4
- Screw (M4 × 8) x2
- Safety Regulations
- Cable holder (for conduit)
- LAN cable holder
- Operating Instructions
Optional (please select from the accessories tab if required):
Back To Top