Overview of the Sony SNC-EB640
This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Bosch DINION IP 5000 indoor.
The Sony SNC-EB640 indoor box IP camera produces HD 1080p images at up to 60 frames per second (fps). It offers support for true day/night recording and can be easily installed via Power-over-Ethernet (PoE). This versatile unit also includes Motion and Face detection, XDNR noise reduction technology and integrated SD card storage.
The camera’s CS-mount varifocal lens offers wide horizontal viewing angles ranging from 114.2° to 40.0° and enables optimum scene coverage to be set during installation. A 2.9x optical zoom allows areas of interest to be investigated in real-time, and a 4x digital zoom is handy for further examination of images. Image Rotation is included and allows the monitoring of narrow scenes such as shopping aisles to be optimised by rotating the sensor 90° - preventing the recording of redundant areas.
With the combination of an Exmor R CMOS image sensor and high-performance XDNR processing, this camera can capture full-colour images in near dark conditions – with significantly reduced noise. Images captured in high contrast scenes are improved with View-DR wide dynamic range technology. By ensuring details in both bright and dark areas are not lost, objects and individuals are more easily visible. Image Stabilisation is also supported, which helps to keep video recordings steady if there is camera shake or vibrations.
Various video motion detection methods can be configured, and Sony’s DEPA advanced video analytics enhance scene awareness through rule-based alarm triggers and object filters, for example ‘passing’ and ‘intrusion’ detection. Users can also easily find and retrieve events where human faces are visible thanks to Intelligent Face Detection, which rapidly indexes the recordings.
Multiple H.264 and Motion JPEG video streams enable users to view a live feed in high-definition and record in a lower definition, saving on storage costs. The on-board SD card slot (card not included) allows data to be stored locally for a handy backup if network connection is suddenly lost. Additionally, Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) supplies the camera with both power and network connectivity via a single cable – simplifying installation.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select one from the accessories tab if required.
Key features & benefits
- Delivers full HD 1080p resolution at up to 60 frames per second for high quality surveillance
- Varifocal lens offers horizontal viewing angles from 114.2° to 40.0° allowing a wide area of the scene to be captured
- Exmor R CMOS image sensor and XDNR processing allows for full colour image capture in light levels as low as 0.006 lux
- True day/night functionality with integrated IR-cut filter enables 24-hour monitoring of indoor areas
- View-DR wide dynamic range captures detail in scenes with contrasting light levels
- Improved video quality when the camera is subject to vibrations with image stabilisation technology
- Intelligent Face detection enables fast retrieval of events by rapidly indexing recordings that include human faces
- DEPA advanced video analytics and configurable video motion detection alarms help to enhance security monitoring
- Integrated SD card (not included) provides edge storage and allows the camera to be used as a standalone unit
- PoE supplies power and network connection over one cable for quick and cost-effective deployment
- Smartphone viewing provides flexible monitoring whilst on the move via Sony Smartphone Viewer
Compatible recording platforms
With Full HD 1080p resolution and advanced low-light technologies, the Sony SNC-EB640 box IP camera is a suitable option for businesses that require round-the-clock surveillance of indoor spaces. Typical applications include offices, hotel lobbies and leisure centres.
- Operating Instructions
- Wire rope
- Screw m4
Optional (please select from the accessories tab if required):
Back To Top