This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Bosch DINION IP 4000i
Overview of Sony SNC-CH280
The Sony SNC-CH280 is a fixed, IP66- and IK10-rated IP security camera capable of delivering full HD 1080p video, making it suitable for installation in areas where the camera could be subject to damage or challenging weather conditions, such as airports and train stations. The SNC-CH280 also features a built-in infrared-sensitive black and white filter. In low lighting conditions the SNC-CH280 will switch from a colour image to an infrared-sensitive black and white image, which in combination with the integrated IR LEDs will provide a clear view of at least 20m in darkness. Alongside this, Sony's DEPA intelligent video system can automatically inform you of any audio or visual activity outside of predefined parameters, and also alert you to any attempts to tamper with the camera. Recorded footage can be stored remotely or on-board the camera itself using a CompactFlash card (not supplied).
The SNC-CH280 is equipped with a number of image processing technologies to optimise picture quality. View DR™ compensates for extremes in highlighting or backlighting in the camera's field of view, while XDNR™ cuts down motion blur in poor lighting conditions. Easy Focus and Easy Zoom allow installers to adjust the camera's field of vision and focus remotely through the web interface.
Utilising an appropriate power supply, the SNC-CH280's built-in heater enables it to operate in temperatures as low as -30°C (-22°F).
The SNC-CH280 is a Power over Ethernet camera. This means both power and a network connection can be streamed to the camera through just one cable, simplifying installation and reducing costs. The SNC-CH280 also comes with Sony RealShot Manager Lite, providing an out of the box recording and playback solution.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply. Please select if required.
Key features & benefits of Sony SNC-CH280
- HD 1080p image well suited to applications such as facial identification or monitoring of busy environments
- IP66- and IK10-rated outdoor casing provides a deterrent against vandals and demanding weather conditions
- Offers a round-the-clock monitoring solution utilising an integrated infrared-sensitive black-and-white filter and infrared lighting (effective up to 15 m)
- Sony View DR™ technology optimises the image in extreme backlighting or highlighting conditions
- DEPA Advanced technology informs you of any audio or visual activity in the camera's environment outside of predefined parameters
- XDNR™ technology eliminates motion blur in low lighting conditions
- Built-in heater allows the camera to operate in extreme cold (AC, DC power only)
- Footage can be stored on-board the camera using a CompactFlash card (not supplied)
- Power over Ethernet provides both power and network connectivity in a single cable
- Included RealShot Manager Lite software provides an out of the box solution for playback and recording, no additional software is required
Typical applications of Sony SNC-CH280
The Sony SNC-CH280 is ideally suited to installation in outdoor areas where vandalism and difficult weather conditions are an issue, such as train stations and public spaces
Accessories for Sony SNC-CH280
Back To Top
- CD-ROM (User’s Guide, SNC Toolbox, RSM-Lite)
- Installation manual
- B&P warranty booklet
- Wire rope
- M4 screw x8