This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Bosch DINION IP 5000
Overview of Sony SNC-CH240
The Sony SNC-CH240 is a fixed IP camera capable of providing a highly detailed HD 1080p image and is well suited to installation in mission critical locations where facial identification is a priority, such as bus and train terminals and shopping centres.
The SNC-CH240 utilises various image processing techniques to optimise picture quality. View DR™ offers improved image quality in extremes of backlighting or highlighting in the camera's field of view. XDNR™ cuts down on motion blur in low-lighting conditions. Easy Zoom and Easy Focus features aid installers by automatically correcting the image once the camera is installed.
Alongside this, the SNC-CH240 features a built-in infrared-sensitive black and white filter. In low lighting conditions the SNC-CH240 will switch from a colour image to an infrared-sensitive black and white image (infrared lighting required, not supplied), offering an effective surveillance solution in almost any lighting conditions.
In addition, Sony's DEPA intelligent video system can automatically alert you to any activity the camera detects outside of predetermined parameters, and also inform you of any attempts to tamper with the camera. Recorded footage can be stored locally on the camera itself using a CompactFlash card (not supplied).
The SNC-CH240 is a Power over Ethernet camera. This means both a network connection and power can be sent to the camera through a single cable, simplifying installation and reducing costs. The SNC-CH240 also comes with Sony RealShot Manager Lite, providing an out of the box recording and playback solution.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply. Please select if required.
Key features & benefits of Sony SNC-CH240
- HD 1080p image provides a highly detailed image suitable for monitoring busy environments
- Capable of delivering a round-the-clock surveillance solution utilising a built-in infrared-sensitive black-and-white filter
- Sony View DR™ technology corrects the image in conditions with extreme highlighting or backlighting
- DEPA Advanced technology intelligently analyses the camera's environment and alerts you to any untoward activity
- XDNR™ technology cuts down on motion blur in poor lighting conditions
- Footage can be stored on-board the camera using a CompactFlash card (not supplied)
- Capable of wirelessly streaming footage when equipped with a Sony wireless card (not supplied)
- Power over Ethernet provides both power and network connectivity in a single cable
- Included RealShot Manager Lite software provides an out of the box solution for playback and recording, no additional software is required
Typical applications of Sony SNC-CH240
The SNC-CH240 is well suited to implementation in locations that require a detailed monitoring presence, such as mass transit terminals and shopping centres
Accessories for Sony SNC-CH240
Back To Top
- Sony SNC-CH240 IP camera (SNC-CH240)
- Indoor wall bracket with swivel head (VB1B)
- CD-ROM (User’s Guide, SNC Toolbox, RSM-Lite)
- Installation manual
- B&P warranty booklet
- Wire rope
- M4 screw