This product is discontinued, for alternatives please see Synology NAS
Overview of Sony NSR-1100/2T
The Sony NSR-1100/2T is a network video recorder that has a capacity of 2 TB. This network monitoring server is an ideal solution for multi-camera monitoring, capable of recording and playback from up to 32 cameras at any one time. You can view and monitor a high-quality high-definition video stream via the HDMI interface (up to 1920x1080) on HD displays, allowing you to view megapixel images without compromising quality. At VGA resolution, the unit can display six full-size images at any one time. The NSR-1100/2T has two HDMI and two analogue RGB monitor output connectors on the rear panel. You can use two out of the four outputs at any one time in any combination to meet your system requirements.
When connected with specific Sony cameras (contact us for details), the NSR-1100/2T can accept both Motion JPEG and MPEG-4 video streams from cameras simultaneously. For example, if your available storage space is low, you can monitor live video via Motion JPEG at frame rates as high as 30 fps, and record video via MPEG-4 at frame rates as low as 5 fps, saving on storage without compromising image quality. The unit also features Sony's DEPA technology. Used in conjunction with DEPA-enabled IP cameras from Sony, this intelligent video analytics system helps identify mission-critical events and provides a streamlined workflow for your video security operations. You can search, preview, and playback recorded video with Sony's intuitive user interface.
Alongside this, up to 16 analogue cameras can be directly connected to the NSR-1100/2T. You can add IP cameras, including megapixel cameras, while maintaining your analogue cameras, easing the transition to a full IP system. The NSR-1100/2T can also be used with other major brand network cameras (contact us for details).
The integrated set-up wizard simplifies installation with Sony's IP cameras. The NSR-1100/2T detects the cameras instantly, significantly cutting down on the time required for the system installation. Images from cameras are assigned to the monitor layout automatically, allowing you to start using the system immediately. As well as this, the NSR-1100/2T can be used with Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) equipment via the RS-232C port, ensuring continued operation in the event of a power cut or power failure.
Key features & benefits of Sony NSR-1100/2T
- Can record and playback from up to 32 connected cameras
- The unit can process multiple video feeds at the same time, allowing you to monitor a HD stream while recording at a lower quality, reducing demands on storage without affecting live image quality
- Sony's DEPA technology analyses the camera's surroundings intelligently, triggering alerts and recording events in response to untoward activity
- Unit can be connected to any HDMI-compliant screen, making it suitable for a wide variety of locations and deployments
- Four video outputs on the rear of the unit offer flexibility during implementation
- Intuitive user interface simplifies use and cuts down on training requirements
- Quick setup wizard aids users and installers, simplifying implementation
- Unit can be connected to a UPS, ensuring continued operation in the event of a power failure
- Existing analogue cameras can be connected to the unit, easing the transition to a full IP-based system
Typical applications of Sony NSR-1100/2T
The NSR-1100/2T is well suited to implementation in locations that require a wide-ranging surveillance presence, such as department stores
Accessories for Sony NSR-1100/2T
Back To Top