This product is now discontinued, an alternative model is the Raytec Vario2 IP PoE i8-1
Overview of the Raytec Vario i8-1
The Raytec i8-1 infrared illuminator from the Vario series is designed for a wide range of CCTV applications and enables an infrared-sensitive camera to capture black and white images during low light and in complete darkness, providing 24 hour security surveillance. The i8-1 provides a flexible 850nm infrared beam at an angle up to 120° or at a maximum distance of 220m (at 10°). The unit is supplied with 10°, 35° or 60° lenses, which can be interchanged using additional optional 80° or 120° lenses to achieve greater angles of illumination and to allow users to match the beam angle to specific applications and camera viewing angles (please select from the drop down menu above if required).
All Raytec Vario illuminators are IP66 rated and vandal-resistant, enabling durable outdoor use through harsh weather. This robust unit also supports Platinum advanced LED technology, Light Intensification Miniature Optics (LIMO) and an enhanced Cool Running system. Active LED light control delivers high reliability and consistent optical output.
Raytec’s Hot-spot Reduction Technology (HRT) enables the unit to deliver a highly diffused elliptical shaped infrared beam, reducing energy wastage, allowing further illumination and also preventing foreground objects from becoming overexposed. Further low energy features include a timer function, power adjust, remote dimming and telemetry control.
The Raytec i8-1 is supplied with a wall/ceiling bracket for simple installation and has a 5 year warranty. An optional Vario remote control is available and enables simple set up from ground level (please select from the drop down menu above if required).
Beam distances for Raytec Vario i8-1:
|10 x 10°
||220m at 10°
|35 x 10°(fitted as standard)
||120m at 35°
|60 x 25°
||65m at 60°
|80° x 30°
||45m at 80°
|30° x 50°
||80m at 120°
Please note: this illuminator does not come with a power supply, please select from the above drop down menu if required.
Key features & benefits
- Designed for use with infrared-sensitive CCTV cameras to enable long-range black and white image capture and surveillance through the night
- Maximum of 220m range provides infrared illumination ideal for large outdoor areas such as car parks and schools
- Interchangeable lens system provides adaptive illumination and flexibility for different applications and requirements
- Supplied with 10°, 35° and 60° lenses, whilst 80° and 120° lenses can be purchased separately to achieve wider angles (please select from the drop down menu above)
- IP66-rated vandal-resistant unit that can be used outdoors in exposed areas
- Highly diffused elliptical infrared beam using Hot Spot Reduction Technology prevents overexposure, furthers beam distance and reduces waste
- Enhanced reliability with Platinum LEDs and Active LED control
- Built-in green features enhance energy savings and reduce running costs
- Easy maintenance reviews using LED status indicator
- 5 year warranty
- Supplied wall/ceiling mount
- Can be controlled using optional remote control (please select from above drop down menu if required)
The Raytec Vario i8-1 infrared illuminator is designed for use in combination with CCTV cameras that have an IR-cut filter, enabling long-range night-time surveillance in black and white. Suitable applications include large outdoor areas where high quality surveillance is required 24 hours a day such as schools, car parks, train stations and loading bays.
- 10°, 35° and 6-° lenses
- Wall/ceiling mount bracket
Optional (please select from the drop down menu above if required:
Back To Top
- Raytec Vario power supply
- Raytec Vario remote control
- 80° or 120° lens