This product is now discontinued, for alternative products see Synology Network Video Recorders (NVRs)
Overview of the QNAP VioStor VS-4108 PRO+
Powerful and high performance VS-4108 PRO+ Linux-embedded network video recorder from the QNAP VioStor series, with Intel dual-core processor. Supports 8 channels and up to 16TB storage, 250 Mbps throughput, multiple codec, intelligent video search and HDMI local display.
Capable of a throughput rate of 250 Mbps and with an Intel dual-core processor, the open-platform QNAP VS-4108 PRO+ network video recorder from the VioStor series delivers robust and high performance CCTV recording for up to 8 cameras, with Linux operating system for reliable and stable performance at reduced risk of virus attack. With up to 16TB storage capability, this 4-bay unit is suitable for high frame rate, high megapixel recordings whilst HDMI output enables full HD resolution monitoring
Different recording schedules can be configured including continuous, manual, scheduled and on alarm trigger; in addition to pre and post alarm recording and the recording of audio. The QNAP VS-4108-PRO+ ensures event are captured in detail by recording in higher quality when motion is detected, conserving bandwidth and storage. An alert icon is displayed on the local monitoring page when an event occurs, and further analysis of activity can be done using the convenient PTZ positioning with preset positions, auto cruising and digital zoom.
Useful video searching by date, time and event makes locating video easy, in addition to Intelligent Video Analytics (IVA) which includes detection of motion, foreign objects, focus loss, camera occlusion and missing objects. Advanced event management means that on motion detection, connection failure, alarm input, recording failure or user-defined event, actions can be performed including video recording, email alert, SMS alert, buzzer, alarm output, PTZ camera control and user-defined action. Instant warnings or error messages can be received via email and/or SMS. With fisheye dewarping functionality, the QNAP VS-4108 PRO+ allows operators to view areas in a clearer shape and extends the VS-4108 PRO+ compatibility to specific cameras with fisheye and panamorph lenses.
Unauthorised modifications to video are prevented with real-time digital watermarking, verifying that videos are original. Users can also create e-maps to indicate the location of a particular camera. The QNAP VioStor VS-4108 PRO+ has cross browser compatibility and live viewing and playback can be performed using the QNAP Surveillance Client for Windows and Mac. The VS-4108 PRO+ provides reliable recording by offering easy data backup using the scheduled remote replication and one touch auto video backup features to ensure data is reliably saved.
With support for RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 5+hot spare, single and JBOD disk configurations, the QNAP VS-4108 PRO+ provides high reliability by enabling a failed drive to be replaced by hot swapping, without the server needing to be switched off. The fanless design of the VioStor VS-4108 PRO+ provides quieter operation, lower energy costs in addition to improved performance and reliability. Other handy features include dual Gigabit LAN ports, UPS support, advanced security controls and health scanning.
The QNAP VMobile app for Android and iOS devices enables remote live viewing and playback and is available for free download.
Key features & benefits
- Supports 8 channels and up to 16TB storage capability
- HDMI local display output
- Powerful Intel dual-core processor
- 4GB memory
- Multiple codec provides compatibility with a wide range of IP cameras
- Different recording schedules
- Audio recording provides enhanced security footage, making event analysis easier
- Multi-stream support
- Smart recording ensures activity is captured in high detail to provide in depth analysis
- Real time digital watermarking improves authenticity of video footage and prevent unauthorised modifications
- Easy control of PTZ and speed domes, preset positioning, auto cruising and digital zoom provides effective coverage of a scene
- On screen event alert with details of event
- Video search using time, date, event and intelligent video analytics
- Dual Gigabit LAN ports
- Quick system set up using steps on local display interface
- Cross platform support
- Multi-server monitoring
- Dynamic E-map enables users to locate where specific cameras are
- Multi-view playback
- Advanced event management
- Storage expansion
- Scheduled remote replication ensures data is reliably stored
- One touch auto video backup
- CPU thermal solution with fan-less design
- Fisheye dewarping
- Linux-embedded system reduces viruses and system crash
- Security control
- RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 5+hot spare, single and JBOD disk configurations provide enhanced reliability and failover protection
- Mobile support enables handy remote viewing via Android and iOS devices
With 8 channels and up to 16GB storage, the QNAP VS-4108 PRO+ network video recorder delivers reliable and powerful surveillance recording ideal for use in small IP CCTV installations with megapixel or high frame rate cameras. Typical examples include offices, retail stores, restaurants and hotels.
- Quick installation guide
- CD-ROM (user manual and utility inclusive)
- Flat head screw (for HDD) x 28
- Ethernet cable x 2
- Power cord
- Hard disk lock
Optional (please select from the above drop down menu):
Back To Top