Overview of the Vista VK2-1080VFD
This product has now been discontinued, an alternative is the Axis P3215-V
This compact VK2 1080VFD indoor IP camera from Vista is capable of full HD 1080p (30 fps) and comes with a varifocal DC-iris lens offering up to 93° wide angle viewing for capturing larger areas. Featuring integrated video motion detection, true day/night capability, alarm input and output connectors, on-board recording to MicroSD card and Power-over-Ethernet for easy installation, this camera offers all that is required for most CCTV installations. Dome-shaped, the VK2-1080VFD is available in either black or white to suit different surroundings and comes with 32-channel recording software included for free. iOS and Android apps are available for free download.
The VK2-1080VFD internal dome IP camera is part of Vista's affordable E-series and delivers high quality surveillance footage using a Sony 1/2.7" 2 megapixel progressive scan CMOS sensor producing HD 1080p resolution at full frame rate (30 fps). The DC-iris varifocal lens gives a 93°-31.7° horizontal view, allowing for the camera to be used in smaller as well as larger areas. True day/night ability enables the camera to capture full colour images in day light, with an IR-cut filter automatically switching the camera to black and white capture at night, providing crisp 24/7 monitoring down to 0.2 lux. Fitted with an alarm input and output connector, the VK-1080VFD's functionality can be extended by attaching external devices, such as for example a PIR sensor to trigger for an infrared light to come on. With a sleek and compact dome form factor and availability in either white or black (please select colour choice from above drop down menu), the VK2-1080VFD delivers discreet CCTV that blends in well with most surroundings. The camera's 3-axes gimbal allows for ceiling as well as wall mounting.
Equipped with Power over Ethernet (PoE) support, the Vista VK2-1080VFD is easy and cost-effective to set up as power can be fed through the Ethernet cable instead of a separate power cable. Edge recording to an integrated MicroSD card (not included) within the camera further provides cost-savings as no central storage device is required to record and store CCTV footage. However, if a centralised system is preferred, the camera has Onvif support and can be used with a wide range of video management software (VMS) products or NVRs. Direct-to-NAS storage is also possible if a basic, cost-effective method is required. H.264, MPEG4 and MJPEG compression options in combination with Vista's Event Boost function, allows full frame rate event video to be recorded in a bandwidth efficient way.
The VK2-1080VFD comes with Vista VK2-CLIENT recording software with support for up to 32 channels, providing free and easy-to-use video management. Apps for iOS and Android also enable handy camera access via smartphones and tablets and is a feature useful for business owners or managers needing to access surveillance footage whilst on the move.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select from the above drop down menu if required.
This camera is also available in an F-series version with a motorised lens: Vista VK2-1080VRD3V9F.
Available models (please select choice from above drop down menu):
Key features & benefits
- Full 30 frames per second HD 1080p video capture delivers smooth and clear CCTV footage
- DC-iris varifocal lens has 93° wide horizontal viewing angle and can be adjusted to 31.7° suiting different applications
- Automatic infrared-cut filter provides the camera with true day/night capability for effective 24/7 monitoring
- Alarm input/output enables devices such as lights or PIR sensors to be connected to the camera to enhance functionality
- Video motion detection can trigger email notification to the user, FTP upload and external output activation to provide accurate and reliable surveillance, and also triggers high frame rate recording through Vista's Event Boost technology
- Triple codec and dual streaming enable bandwidth and storage management
- PoE provides an easy solution using the Ethernet cable to feed both data as well as power
- MicroSD card recording offers stand-alone operation or back up in case network drop out
- Included VK2-CLIENT software has 32 channels and provides user-friendly camera management
- Mobile support with apps for iOS and Android enable useful remote viewing via tablet devices or smartphones
- Available in black or white casing to blend in with different environments (please select colour preference from the above drop down menu)
Compatible recording platforms:
- Network Video Recorders:
The compact Vista VK2-1080VFD dome network camera is ideal for high quality, discreet indoor surveillance, 24 hours a day. Typical examples include hotels, shopping centres, supermarkets and off licenses. The 93° viewing angle makes this camera also suitable for monitoring areas such as reception desks and stair wells.
- VK2-CLIENT 32-channel recording software
- Installation CD
- Installation guide
- Template sheet
- Accessory kit
Optional (please select from the above drop down menu: