This product has now been discontinued and replaced by the Sony SNC-VM601.
Overview of the Sony SNC-VM601B
Sony's SNC-VM601B features their trademark high video quality and IPELA engine EX video processing combined into a compact, vandal resistant casing. The camera produces video with clear HD 720p resolution, and with Sony's View-DR Wide Dynamic Range technology, detail can be seen in areas of strong backlight where other cameras would be blinded. For low-light conditions, the improved XDNR noise reduction system limits image noise for clearer, sharper footage, and with true day/night switching the camera can be combined with infrared lamps to capture video in complete darkness.
Sony's DEPA Advanced system also features within the camera. This intelligent video analytics system can dramatically reduce false alarms by detecting objects rather than random motion. Objects moving in view are detected and events are only triggered when a pre-set rule is breached, such as line crossing, disappearance or on object count. Random or constant movement can be ignored without the need for masking or area exclusion, minimising setup complexity and preventing the loss of detection in large sections of view.
Please note: This camera does not come with a power supply. If you require a Power over Ethernet midspan, please select one from the options above.
A version of this camera with 60fps frame rate is available: Sony SNC-VM601 network camera
Key features & benefits of the Sony SNC-VM601B
- Best-in-class low-light capabilities - the camera performs well in low-light environments, featuring an infrared-cut filter for 24-hour operation and XDNR software-based noise reduction. The camera can also capture infrared light for integration with IR floodlamps
- View-DR Wide Dynamic Range software - see detail in high-contrast lighting where other IP cameras would be blinded
- DEPA Advanced - this system detects objects in view and triggers events based on their movement. It is far more reliable and accurate than conventional motion detection
- Tough vandal-resistant casing - the camera's casing is IK10-rated so can be installed in high-risk areas without risk of damage from
- Easy focus/zoom - the motorised back focus and zoom can quickly set the optimum focus from a remote location
- On-camera recording - prevent data loss during network outages by storing video internally onto SD memory cards
Typical applications for the Sony SNC-VM601B
This camera is suited to high-risk environments that require clear shots in low-light or harsh lighting or where there will be continuous motion in view that may trigger conventional motion detection systems. For exampel in manufacturing or production facilities, school or college buildings, shopping centre surveillance, store security and public transport terminals.
Included accessories for the Sony SNC-VM601B
- Software CD
- Installation manual
- Mounting template
- Audio cable
- I/O cable
- BNC cable
- Power input cable
- Screw M3
- Wire rope
- Safety regulations pamphlet