This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Microchip PD-9524G/ACDC/M midspan
The PowerDsine PD-5524G/ACDC/M is a 24-port managed midspan providing PoE Plus (IEEE802.3at) to connected devices and is part of PowerDsine's Green midspan range. The midspan reduces its carbon footprint by supplying power over 4-pairs rather than 2, reducing power loss by up to 50%, so less power is needed. Both conventional PoE and PoE Plus devices are supported, allowing a mix of devices to be powered from the same unit.
Gigabit throughput ensures that data bottlenecks don't occur, which is crucial for high-speed networks, while with the included PowerView Pro software administrators can monitor, be alerted by and control the midspan remotely using SNMP v3. Easy to install, the midspan is 19" rack-mountable and features plug and play connectivity, allowing systems to be set up quickly. The device is also future-proof with its IPv6 address support.
Key features & benefits
- Highly-efficient power supply - supplies power over 4-pairs rather than 2 for power loss reductions of 50%
- 24 ports - provide power for up to 24 Poe or PoE+ devices simultaneously
- IEEE802.3af and IEEE802.3at compliant - mix PoE and PoE Plus devices powered from a single device
- PowerView Pro SMNP-based management - efficiently manage and monitor the device from across the network
- IPv6 support - fully future proof
- Plug and Play - no setup required
This midspan is ideal for organisations looking to lower their power usage and reduce running costs, especially for sites with large numbers of PoE Plus devices, where the power and cost savings will be most effective.
Back To Top