This product is now discontinued, for alternative products see Synology Network Video Recorders (NVRs)
Overview of the NUUO NT-8040R Titan NVR
Linux-embedded NUUO Titan NVR network video recorder with robust, reliable recording, 250Mbps data throughput, up to 64 channel support and up to 32TB of HDD space. High megapixel camera support, intelligent search, dual streaming, image fusion, automatic backup, NUUO iViewer app and MAC compatibility.
The feature-rich NT-8040R Titan NVR has a 4 channel base license included with additional licenses available (available from the above drop down menu) allowing up to a maximum of 64 cameras to be connected; a cost-effective recording solution for medium-sized and larger CCTV systems. The 8 HDD bays provide up to 32TB storage space (please select storage from above drop down menu if required). System crashes and virus threat are reduced by the Linux-embedded operating system which delivers stable and reliable operation. High megapixel cameras can be efficiently recorded at high frame rate by the Fire Ring recording engine which can process data throughput up to 250Mpbs. Over 82 camera brands and nearly 2000 models are supported by the Titan network video recorder, as well as being compatible with ONVIF and MAC.
Images can be 'stitched together' to create a better overview of a scene or environment using Image Fusion Technology, preventing dead angles and narrow hallway views and making video viewing and playback easier. Support for optical and full digital pan-tilt-zoom control alongside auto-patrol and programmable preset views enables effective monitoring of large areas. Multiple compression formats and panoramic 360° camera support (via full integration with Vivotek fish eye cameras and a generic dewarp driver) shows the wide compatibility of the NUUO Titan NVR with various camera features.
The Titan NVR provides a centralised recording system accessible from anywhere. The NUUO iViewer app enables remote access to live view and playback management via mobile devices including iPhone, iPad and Android, for convenient footage management whilst on the move. Remote server configuration enables the user to make changes even away from the server whilst command chain technology synchronises user accounts and critical events across multiple servers, enabling central viewing of 400 channels simultaneously. The NUUO Titan network video recorder is also Windows and Mac compatible.
Intelligent searching via the event/motion search function locates relevant video footage quickly for efficient playback management. Synchronised audio recording enhances usefulness of video footage as activity is complemented by sound to assist with event analysis. Dual stream support prevents bandwidth bottlenecking by providing a live view stream in high quality and a recording stream in high quality, for bandwidth usage flexibility. Users have the choice of connecting a joystick to the Titan NVR, providing alternative camera control.
All NUUO NVRs are supported by the NUUO iViewer mobile app for iPhone, iPad and Android devices. Available from iTunes and Google play.
Supported cameras and video encoders: please visit the NUUO supported cameras page.
Please note: storage is sold separately to this unit, please select a HDD disk from the above drop down menu if required.
Key features & benefits
- Reliable Linux-embedded system prevents system crashes and virus attacks
- Included 4 channel base license can be upgraded up to 64 channels with additional licenses (available from the above drop down menu) for cost-effective scalability
- Fire Ring recording engine provides efficient recording of high megapixel cameras by changing the way the hard drive stores and retrieves footage, allowing large amounts of data to be quickly processed
- Rack mountable
- RAID 0,1,5 and 10 is supported for maximum capacity or data protection
- Command chain technology enables centralised viewing by synchronising user accounts and critical events across multiple servers
- Dual gigaports separates the recording stream from the viewing stream to provide a clean recording pipeline
- MPEG4, H.264 and MPEG compression formats enable compression compatibility with a vast range of cameras
- Centralised e-map with multi-layers enables camera drag and drop and I/O from different servers onto the same map with colour changing icon indicators when an event occurs
- Centralised I/O supports 3 system events and 4 external events for secure, effective monitoring
- NuClient instantly alerts users of an event via email and special outputs such as a siren
- 100ch (playback) and 400ch (live) support makes the Titan NVR suitable for larger CCTV installations
- Image fusion achieves the best viewing angle by 'stitching together' up to 10 cameras to form a consecutive single view, preventing narrow views and dead angles
- The web and software client are identical n functions and control so therefore enable Titan NVR access without installing the client software
- NUUO iViewer app enables convenient remote access to playback and live video via mobile devices such as Android, iPad and iPhone
- Remote server configuration enables server configuration when not physically near it
- Recording in external storage (DAS, iSCSI)
- NTP (Network Time Protocol) support synchronises the Titan's time and date with an NTP server so all devices have the same date and time
- Camera dual (2nd) stream allows high resolution recording simultaneously to remote viewing in low resolution (typically) to prevent bandwidth bottlenecking
- Automatic backup through FTP to remote or local storage ensures secure video data
- Alternative recording modes: continuous, scheduled, event based and I/O based enable the user to select a suitable recording mode
- Synchronised audio and video recording delivers enhanced quality video data and is useful for event analysis
- Full SDK support
- Camera licenses can be transferred to other Titan NVRs if needed, for flexible license management
- Windows and Mac browser compatible viewing
- Support for Panoramic 360° PTZ cameras (ImmerVision and VIVOTEK fisheye)
- Optical and digital pan-tilt-zoom and preset point patrolling provides effective scene coverage
- Popup playback event instantly displays when double clicked for quick viewing
- Private views set by users can only be viewed by the creators whilst all users can see public views
- The Titan NVR can automatically move through alternative screen layouts through the view tour to loop through selected views feature
- AVI, ASF or MOV formats provide flexibility to the user depending on preference
- Intelligent search quickly identifies motion/event data for efficient playback management
- Joysticks are supported by the Titan NVR, providing a different method of camera control
The NUUO NT-8040R Titan NVR network video recorder is suitable for large CCTV systems with PTZ, 360° panoramic and/or megapixel cameras and when detailed, high quality surveillance footage is required. The Titan NVR is ideal for applications such as prisons, large retail stores, shopping centres, government buildings and petrol stations which may need to up scale at a later date. The Titan NVR NT-8040R is rack mountable.
Optional (please select from the above drop down menu):
Back To Top
- Additional licenses