This product is now discontinued, for alternative products see Synology Network Video Recorders (NVRs)
Overview of the NUUO NT-4040 Titan NVR
Linux-based, the NUUO Titan NVR is a robust and reliable network video recorder with fast data throughput and support for up to 64 channels and up to 16TB of HDD space. Features multi-megapixel support, dual streaming, image fusion, automatic backup, intelligent search, MAC compatibility and the NUUO iViewer app for mobile access.
Suitable for medium-sized and larger CCTV systems, the feature-packed NT-4040 Titan NVR comes with a 4 channel base license included whilst more licenses can be added (available from the above drop down menu) allowing up to a maximum of 64 cameras to be connected. The unit's 4 HDD bays provide storage space for up to 16TB (please select storage from above drop down menu if required). The Linux-embedded operating system offers reliable operation free from system-crashes and risk of virus attack.The Fire Ring recording engine can handle high data throughput to efficiently record multi-megapixel camera streams at high frame rate. The Titan NVR is an open-platform system, supporting many camera brands and models as well as the ONVIF interoperability protocol. The Titan NVR also has full MAC compatibility.
Viewing and playback of video has been made easier through Image Fusion Technology, which enables the manipulation of images to prevent dead angles and narrow hallway views, also enabling up to 10 images to be ‘stitched’ together for creating a much better overview of a certain scene or environment. Programmable preset views and support for auto-patrol, alongside full digital and optical pan-tilt-zoom control enables users to monitor large areas effectively. Support for multiple compression formats and panoramic 360° cameras (via a generic dewarp driver and full integration with Vivotek fish eye cameras) highlights the wide compatibility of the NUUO Titan NVR with available camera technologies.
The Titan NVR offers a centralised system accessible from anywhere. The NUUO iViewer enables remote access via iPad, iPhone and Android devices for convenient live video and playback management. Command chain technology synchronises critical events and user accounts across multiple servers and enables 400 channels to be centrally viewed simultaneously whilst remote server configuration enables changes to be made to the server without physically being near it. The NUUO Titan is also Mac and windows compatible.
Data can be searched easily using the intelligent event/motion search function which identifies significant video footage for fast, efficient searching. Synchronised audio recording enhances video footage as activity has sound to complement it and make event analysis easier. Second stream support prevents bandwidth bottlenecking by enabling high resolution recording simultaneously to low resolution live viewing, enabling efficient bandwidth management. Joystick support enables an optional joystick to be connected to the Titan NVR for alternative camera control.
All NUUO NVRs are supported by the NUUO iViewer mobile app for iPhone, iPad and Android devices. Available from iTunes and Google play.
Supported cameras and video encoders: please visit the NUUO supported cameras page.
Please note: storage is sold separately to this unit, please select a HDD disk from the above drop down menu if required.
Key features & benefits
- Linux-embedded system is strong and secure, preventing system crashes and potential virus attacks
- 4 channel base license included but can be upgraded up to 64 channels with additional licenses (available from the above drop down menu) for cost-effective scalability
- Fire Ring recording engine changes the way the hard drive stores and retrieves video data and enables large amounts of data to be processed, a useful feature for megapixel recording
- RAID 0, 1, 5, & 10 protects data and provides maximum capacity
- Command chain technology synchronises user accounts and critical events across multiple servers so viewing is centralised
- Dual gigaports enables the recording stream to be separated from the viewing stream to ensure cleanest recording pipeline
- MPEG4, H.264 and MPEG support for compatibility with wide range of camera compressions
- Multiple layer centralised e-map enables drag and drop of cameras and I/O from different servers onto the same map with icon indicators changing colour when event occurs
- Centralised I/O supports 4 external events and 3 system events for secure area monitoring
- Users can be instantly alerted of an event via NuClient, email and special outputs such as a siren
- Support for 400ch (live) and 100ch (playback) makes the Titan NVR suitable for large CCTV systems
- Image fusion enables image manipulation to create best viewing angle. Up to 10 cameras can be ‘stitched together’ to form a consecutive single view to prevent dead angles and narrow hallway views
- The software and web client are identical in functions and control, allowing Titan NVR access without having to install the client software
- NUUO iViewer mobile app enables fast and handy remote access to live video and playback via iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Remote server configuration enables the user to make changes to the server without being physically near it
- Recording in external storage (DAS, iSCSI)
- Network Time Protocol (NTP) support allows the Titan NVRs time and date to synchronise with an NTP server, ensuring multiple devices have the same date and time
- Camera dual (2nd) stream support prevents bandwidth bottlenecking by supporting high resolution recording whilst remote viewing is in low resolution (typically)
- Automatic backup through FTP to a local or remote storage device ensures data is always backed up and available
- Support for continuous, scheduled, event based and I/O based recording
- Synchronised audio and video recording provides useful video data and assists with event analysis
- Full SDK support
- Camera licenses can be transferred to other Titan NVRs if necessary for flexible channel management
- Windows and MAC compatible for browser viewing
- Support for Panorama 360° PTZ (ImmerVision and VIVOTEK fisheye)
- Digital and optical PTZ, preset point and patrol support provides effective area coverage for secure monitoring of a scene
- Popup playback event instantly displays after double click so the user can quickly view footage
- Users can set private views that can only be viewed by the people who created them, views can also be set to public which can be seen by all users
- View tour to loop through selected views means the Titan NVR can move through different screen layouts automatically
- The ability to save video clips into AVI, ASF or MOV format provides flexibility to the user
- Intelligent motion/event search in playback makes finding data quick and simple
- Joystick support provides the user with a choice of how to control cameras
The NUUO NT-4040 Titan NVR network video recorder is suitable for large CCTV installations with PTZ, 360° panoramic and/or megapixel cameras which require advanced and effective surveillance. The Titan NVR is ideal for applications such as hospitals, industrial buildings, government buildings and large hotels.
Optional (please select from the above drop down menu):
Back To Top
- Storage (if storage space if required, please select from above drop down menu)
- Additional licenses