This product is now discontinued, for alternative products see Synology Network Video Recorders (NVRs)
Overview of the NE-4160 NUUO NVRmini 2
Linux-embedded and easy-to-use feature rich network video recorder (NVR) with email alert, access to live video via iOS and Android mobile devices and support for a wide range of IP camera makes and models, an ideal recording solution for small installations.
The NE-4160 NUUO NVRmini 2 is a simple to operate network video recorder with 16 video channels and up to 16TB of storage (storage options are selectable from above drop down). Being Linux-based, NUUO NVRs are at less of a risk from virus attacks and provide a stable, reliable system for CCTV recording and management. The NVRMini 2 is easy to set up and with auto camera detection, drag-and-drop and an easy to understand web-based interface, it is easy to manage and control.
Selecting the required video footage is made easier and quicker by NUUO's intelligent search facility and trigger settings which include foreign object left in an area, time-stamped motion triggered recordings, obstruction of camera view triggers, object gone missing and general motion. In retail environments, Point of Sale (POS) data can be shown live on screen and footage of specific transactions can be found efficiently. The server-client architecture provides smooth and reliable system management and operation, whilst remote live viewing can be done via the web as well as iOS and Android mobile devices, delivering handy remote access from wherever you are.
Other useful and handy features of the NE-4160 include digital watermarking of video images (to provide solid evidence), preset patrolling (PTZ and digital PTZ), auto port forwarding, multiple views and sound notification on alert. Data can be backed up using FTp and various RAID configurations with 4 levels provide security for data. Audio recording provides synchronised sound to complement video footage to enable more detailed activity analysis.
The NUUO NVRmini 2 offers support for HD and multi-megapixel cameras, 360° panoramic cameras (e.g. Vivotek fisheye cameras) and a wide range of IP cameras from over 110 different brands and over 2000 models. 4 methods of compression including H.264, MPEG4, M-JPEG in addition to dual streaming allows for effective and efficient bandwidth management, whilst support for Mobotix MxPEG compression technology enables the NUUO NVRs also to be used with high quality Mobotix megapixel cameras. When connected together, multiple NVRmini 2 units can provide up to 128 video channels through one interface, providing a cost-effective and flexible solution for upgrading from small to larger CCTV systems.
All NUUO NVRs are supported by the NUUO iViewer mobile app for iPhone, iPad and Android devices. Available from iTunes and Google play.
Please note: this NVR does not come with storage, please select HDD storage from the above drop down menu if required.
Supported cameras and video encoders: please visit the NUUO supported camera page.
Key features & benefits
- Linux-based operating system is free from system crashes and offers protection against virus attacks for stable and reliable recording
- User-friendly interface with flexible configuration, auto camera detection, camera drag-and-drop,auto scan and preset point patrolling
- iPhone, iPad and Android support provides remote access to live video from anywhere
- Push notifications and email alerts can alert users of activity
- Video can be identified and played back efficiently using the intelligent search options including general motion detection, lost focus, missing object detection, camera occlusion or foreign object
- Multi-viewing enables several areas of a scene to be viewed simultaneously for detailed scene analysis
- 360° panoramic camera support allows for Vivotek fisheye cameras to be used to their full potential
- Automatic port forwarding opens internet ports easily for remote viewing and playback in a single click
- Useful for retail applications is the POS data display on selected live channels, with the ability to record and search POS data and associated video footage via the NVRmini 2 database
- Web-based management to configure, monitor and playback footage from anywhere
- Audio recording provides sound to complement video footage
- Dual streaming saves bandwidth as video can be viewed in lower quality but recorded in high quality (typical set up)
- Digital PTZ control enables close viewing of specific areas within a scene
- Two RAID levels provides capacity and data protection flexibility
- Digital watermark on exported video and snapshots prevents tampering with footage (for use as evidence in court)
- Support for four different compression methods and wide ranging compatibility with about 100 IP camera manufacturers and over 2000 camera models.
- Scalable up to 128 video channels by combining multiple NVRmini 2 devices
- Joystick support for easy camera control
- ONVIF compatible
The NE-4160 NVRmini 2 network video recorder is ideal for small CCTV installations in offices and retail stores and for CCTV systems that are likely to expand in size over time. The wide compatibility across IP cameras camera provides the user with flexibility regarding camera selection rather than being tied to one manufacturer, making this NVR suitable for use in professional CCTV installations that require an open architecture or vendor flexibility.
Back To Top
- Storage: please select from above drop down menu if required