This product is now discontinued, for alternative products see Synology Network Video Recorders (NVRs)
Overview of the NE-2020 NUUO NVRmini 2
Linux-based, feature-rich and easy-to-use network video recorder (NVR) with access to live video via iOS and Android mobile devices, email alert and support for a large range of IP camera makes and models. Ideal for small installations.
The NE-2020 NUUO NVRmini 2 is an easy to use network video recorder with 2 video channels and up to 8TB of storage (storage options are selectable from above drop down). NUUO NVRs are Linux-based, reducing risk from virus attacks and providing a stable system for reliable CCTV recording and management. The NVRMini 2 is easy to set up and manage with auto camera detection, drag-and-drop and an easy to understand web-based interface, all helping to reduce set-up time.
Finding the required video footage has been made easy by NUUO's intelligent search facility and trigger settings which includes time-stamped motion triggered recordings, object gone missing, foreign object left in an area and obstruction of camera view triggers. In retail environments, Point of Sale (POS) data can be displayed on screen of chosen channels and footage of individual transactions can be found quickly. The server-client architecture makes operating and managing the system smooth and reliable, whilst live viewing can be done remotely via the web as well as iOS and Android mobile devices, delivering convenient remote access from wherever you are.
Other useful and handy features include digital watermarking of video images (to provide solid evidence), auto port forwarding, preset patrolling (PTZ and digital PTZ), multiple views and sound notification on alert. Video data backup is available via FTP whilst various RAID configurations are available for failover protection. Synchronised audio recording provides sound to complement video footage, enhancing usefulness of the data captured.
The NUUO NVRmini 2 offers support for a wide range of cameras including 360° panoramic cameras (e.g. Vivotek fisheye cameras) as well as HD and multi-megapixel IP cameras from almost 100 different brands and over 2000 models. Support for H.264, MPEG4, M-JPEG compression formats and dual streaming allows for effective and efficient bandwidth management, whilst the Mobotix MxPEG compression technology is also supported allowing the NUUO NVRs also to be used with high quality Mobotix megapixel cameras. When connected together, multiple NVRmini 2 units can support up to 128 video channels through one management interface, providing a cost-effective and flexible solution for upgrading from small to larger systems over time.
All NUUO NVRs are supported by the NUUO iViewer mobile app for iPhone, iPad and Android devices. Available from iTunes and Google play.
Please note: this NVR does not come with storage, please select HDD storage from the above dropdown menu if required.
Supported cameras and video encoders: please visit the NUUO supported camera page.
Key features & benefits
- Linux-based system is free from system-crash and protected against virus attacks, providing stability and reliability
- Simple, user-friendly interface with flexible configuration, auto camera detection, auto scan, preset point patrolling and camera drag-and-drop
- iPhone, iPad and Android mobile client allows users to check live video from anywhere
- Email alerts and push notifications to mobiles can alert users of activity detected
- Video can be found and played back efficiently with five intelligent search options, including general motion detection, missing object detection, camera occlusion, foreign object or lost focus
- Multi-viewing enables the user to view several areas of a scene close up at the same time for detailed scene analysis
- Support for 360° panoramic cameras allow for Vivotek fisheye cameras to be used to their full potential
- Automatic port forwarding opens internet ports for remote viewing and playback with just one click
- In retail: POS data display on selected live channels with ability to record and search POS data and associated video footage via the NVRmini 2 database
- Web-based management to configure, monitor and playback footage from anywhere
- Audio recording provides sound to complement video footage
- Dual streaming saves bandwidth as video can be viewed in lower quality but recorded in high quality (typical set up)
- Digital PTZ control enables close viewing of specific areas within a scene
- Two RAID levels provides capacity and data protection flexibility
- Digital watermark on exported video and snapshots prevents tampering with footage (for use as evidence in court)
- Support for four different compression methods and wide ranging compatibility with about 100 IP camera manufacturers and over 2000 camera models.
- Scalable up to 128 video channels by combining multiple NVRmini 2 devices
- Joystick support for easy camera control
- ONVIF compatible
The NE-2020 NVRmini 2 network video recorder is ideal for small CCTV installations in offices and retail and for CCTV systems that are intended to grow in size over time. The wide-ranging camera support offers the user flexibility regarding camera choice without being tied in to one manufacturer, making this NVR suitable for use in professional CCTV installations that require an open architecture or vendor flexibility.
Back To Top
- Storage: please select from above drop down menu if required