Overview of the Mobotix p26
The Mobotix p26 indoor IP camera features 6MP Moonlight technology, pan/tilt lens adjustment and a decentralised system design. This compact unit is available in day or night versions and includes handy downlight-style spring clips for easy installation into a suspended ceiling. Additional features include edge storage, as well as free Mobotix video management software and mobile support.
This compact camera is part of the Mobotix Mx6 Series and features a powerful CPU that allows it to deliver twice the number of images per second than previous Mx5 units – capturing high-quality 6 megapixel images at up to 12 frames per second (fps), or HD 720p at 42 fps. Each model in the Mx6 Series offers support for H.264 compression format (in addition to MxPEG and MJPEG) allowing users to choose the best codec for their application and manage bandwidth requirements efficiently. Mobotix Moonlight technology is also included to ensure detailed images with significantly reduced motion blur can be captured in low light.
A wide range of optical lenses is available, ranging from the fisheye lens which can provide ultra-wide 180° views, through to the 15° distant-tele lens which is ideal for long-distance surveillance. This diverse selection of lenses provides the user with a variety of viewing options and makes the unit a versatile choice for a range of indoor applications.
When ordering, select the day or night lens that best suits your requirements. For more details on the lenses available for this model, click the Mobotix lens table to the right.
Key features & benefits
- High-sensitivity 6MP sensor with Moonlight technology produces high-quality images, even in low light
- Wide selection of lenses including a 180° fisheye lens for a panoramic overview of an entire room
- Day (colour) or night (black and white) lens versions available
- Pan/tilt lens adjustment allows users to manually set their desired view during installation
- Built-in smart motion detection, advanced image processing and analytics
- Regions of the image can be examined in closer detail using digital pan/tilt/zoom controls
- Free video management via Mobotix MxManagementCenter and the Mobotix iOS mobile app
- Multiple areas within the field of view can be cropped and viewed simultaneously using multicast-stream via RTSP
- Flexible compression with support for MxPEG, Motion JPEG and H.264 formats
- Compact form factor and colour, blends in easily with most environments
- Downlight-style spring clips allow for easy installation into suspended ceilings
- Recordings can be stored locally to the on-board MicroSD card and used as a backup if the network fails
- Decentralised design for a flexible, cost-effective and easily scalable system
- Low maintenance camera system features no heaters, fans or other moving parts
- PoE support delivers power and network connectivity over a single cable
Please note: this camera does not have a power supply included, please select from below if required.
Mobotix pioneered the decentralised approach to IP video. This concept means each camera is an independent surveillance system with the ability to process and store video onboard the camera using built-in software and MicroSD card storage. No central data storage is required, bandwidth is lowered and there is no need for any additional recording software. This design makes a Mobotix system very cost-effective when expanding as no additional investments besides purchasing new cameras are required.
- Advanced image processing
- MicroSD card (64GB max)
- 4GB card included – a higher capacity card can be selected below
Image processing inside the camera ensures high-quality footage is captured using optimum exposure settings - even in challenging, high-contrast lighting conditions. In addition, the camera's processor can also digitally correct panorama distortion to reduce the size of image data before it is saved. This lowers bandwidth and allows dozens of hemispheric cameras to be displayed on a PC or smartphone.
Mobotix’s MxActivitySensor helps to provide accurate video motion detection and can reduce false alarms by intelligently distinguishing between movements of interest and interference - such as extraneous shadows or the movement of interior fixtures.
Statistical behaviour data of people and objects can be collected using Mobotix’s powerful MxAnalytics. Heat mapping helps to identify highly frequented areas, and counting data can also be displayed to show how many people or objects pass particular locations - and in which direction.
Supported by all Mobotix IP cameras, Mobotix MxManagementCenter offers free video management - with no licence fees or update costs. The Mobotix iOS app is also available and provides users with remote access to video footage from a mobile device.
Robust design and low running cost
Mobotix network cameras are free from moving parts such as fans or heaters and the fibreglass-reinforced housings are immune to corrosion and direct sunlight. The units are also energy efficient, typically requiring less than 5 watts to operate which means they require little maintenance and are very economical to run.
All Mobotix cameras can also use an external NAS for automatic backup and the built-in SD card acts as a failover buffer in case the connection to the NAS is lost.
Compatible recording platforms
The Mobotix p26 IP camera delivers high-quality 6 megapixel resolution and is an ideal choice for organisations that require unobtrusive, indoor security surveillance. Typical applications include independent retail stores, waiting areas and hotel lobbies.
- Choice of lens
- Pre-installed 4GB SD card
- MxEasy video management software for systems including up to 16 cameras
- MxControlCenter video management software for larger systems
- Ethernet patch cable
- Screws, washers and plugs
- Allen wrench
- Flat-head screwdriver
Back To Top
- Higher capacity MicroSD card
- PoE midspan