This product has now been replaced by the Mobotix M26
Overview of the Mobotix M25
The Mobotix M25 is a durable and versatile outdoor-ready IP camera with 6MP Mobotix Moonlight technology and a wide choice of lenses. Featuring a decentralised system design, integrated advanced image processing, two-way audio, edge-recording to MicroSD card and Power over Ethernet (PoE). The M25 is available in day or night versions and comes complete with mounts for wall and ceiling installations, making it a very adaptable all-rounder. Video management and remote viewing is supported by Mobotix's own mobile app and software which can be downloaded free of charge.
By using a 1/1.8" CMOS sensor for increased light sensitivity, the M25 delivers high quality, 6 megapixel resolution images at a maximum of 8 frames per second (fps) or HD 720p at 30 fps. Mobotix Moonlight technology ensures that highly detailed images with significantly reduced motion blurring can be captured in low light.
This model has an integrated microphone and speaker supporting two-way audio and Voice-over-IP (VoIP) functionality. These features allow the user to listen in and communicate with persons near to the camera - ideal for intercom style applications and for the audio verification of alarms.
All Mobotix lens options are available, ranging from the 180° fisheye lens which can cover the approach to an entrance, through to the 8° super tele lens which can identify license plates and people at distances of more than 70m. This wide choice of lens options help make the M25 a very flexible solution in a wide range of outdoor applications.
When ordering, select the day or night lens that best suits your requirements. For more details on the lenses available for this model, click the Mobotix lens table to the right.
Key features & benefits
- 6MP Moonlight technology and 1/1.8" CMOS sensor produce high quality images, even in low light
- Full selection of lenses from fisheye to telephoto, offering maximum flexibility in a vast range of applications
- Virtual PTZ is performed by the camera on the live and recorded images, reducing bandwidth use
- Advanced image processing, smart motion detection and analytics all built into the camera
- Integrated microphone and speaker for two-way audio and telephony support (VoIP & SIP)
- Free video management via Mobotix MxManagementCenter and the Mobotix iOS mobile app
- Available in either day (colour) or night (black and white) versions to best suit requirements
- Support for encoding formats MxPEG and Motion JPEG to optimise use of network resources
- IP66 and IK08-rated fibreglass outer housing is designed for long life in extreme temperatures and harsh conditions
- Flexible installation options with brackets available for mounting on walls, ceilings or poles
- Can be expanded to use external sensors or relays using encrypted two-wire bus (MxBus)
- Decentralised design for a flexible, cost effective and easily scalable system
- Low maintenance – no heaters, fans or other moving parts
- Cost-effective to install and economical to run with support for PoE below 5 watts
Please note: this camera does not have a power supply included, please select from the drop down menu above if required.
The decentralised design means each camera is an independent surveillance system able to process and store video on-board the camera using built-in software and MicroSD card storage. No central data storage is required, bandwidth is reduced and additional recording software is not needed. This approach was pioneered by Mobotix and it allows the system to be expanded flexibly because no additional investments besides purchasing new cameras are required.
- Advanced image processing
- MicroSD card (64GB max)
- 4GB card included
On-board image processing ensures high quality footage is captured using optimum exposure settings, even in challenging, high contrast lighting conditions. If using a fisheye lens, the hemispheric image can be digitally corrected to "straighten" the panoramic distortion and reduce the size of the image. The camera's processor does this before the image is saved, reducing bandwidth and enabling dozens of hemispheric cameras to be displayed on a PC or smartphone.
MxActivitySensor provides accurate video motion detection and reduces false alarms by intelligently distinguishing between movements of interest and interference such as extraneous shadows or the movement of interior fixtures.
MxAnalytics makes it possible to collect statistical behaviour data on people and objects. Heat maps help identify highly frequented areas and counting data can also be displayed to reveal how many people or objects pass particular locations and in what direction. Both features are particularly helpful in retail environments.
Mobotix MxManagementCenter is video management software available for all Mobotix cameras. It's 100% free with no license fees or update costs. Users can also access video footage remotely using the Mobotix iOS app on mobile devices.
Robust design and low running cost
Like all outdoor-ready Mobotix models, the M25 features a fibreglass re-inforced housing for long life even in extreme weather conditions. This durable design is enhanced by a lack of moving parts such as fans or heaters, resulting in a very reliable camera that requires little maintenance. Mobotix cameras are also energy efficient, typically requiring less than 5 watts to operate which makes them economical to run.
In addition, all Mobotix cameras can use an external NAS for automatic backup and the built-in SD card acts as a failover buffer in case the connection to the NAS is lost.
Compatible recording platforms
The Mobotix M25 AllRound network camera is suitable for outdoor surveillance where high image quality and operating reliability is a must. Typical examples include railway stations and depots, automated logistics, school grounds and ferry terminals.
- Mobotix MxManagementCenter software
- MicroSD card
- Wall mount (fitted) and optional ceiling mount
- Gasket for wall and ceiling mount
- Ethernet patch cable
- Screws, caps, washers and plugs
Back To Top
- High capacity MicroSD card