This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Mobotix M26
Overview of the Mobotix M25M-SEC-NIGHT
The Mobotix M25M-SEC-NIGHT produces black and white (mono colour) images only and is especially designed for use at night. Like the Mobotix M25M-SEC colour-only camera model this NIGHT version is a high-performance, sturdy IP camera with advanced software running on the camera itself, featuring on-camera video recording and storage as well as intelligent video analytics technology for reliable and accurate alarm detection, offering a complete, de-centralised video surveillance system that is low on bandwidth use and does not need an expensive recording server to operate the system, whilst easy system scalability and the NAS recording function make Mobotix suitable for camera installations of any size, from a stand-alone camera installation to large-scale systems with tens or hundreds of cameras.
Fitted with a 6 megapixel CMOS sensor and featuring Lowlight Exposure Optimization technology (MxLeo) as well as backlight compensation, the M25M-SEC-NIGHT camera provides high light sensitivity with little motion blur and reduced noise in darker conditions, delivering clear 6 megapixel mono-colour (black and white) images at 20 frames per second under light conditions down to 0.0025 lux (at 1 s). Being infrared (IR) sensitive, this camera can also be used in combination with infrared LED lights (not included) and will in such set up deliver video in complete darkness. The useful digital pan-tilt-zoom function enables for the live view to focus and zoom in on a specific area or run through a number of pre-programed views, whilst the recorded footage encompasses the full scene, preventing any activity to be missed. The Mobotix M25M-SEC-NIGHT also features an integrated microphone and speaker, which can be deployed to playback a recorded warning message on alarm, or record video-synchronised audio or function as an intercom allowing two way verbal communication.
Further usability is provided by the camera's advanced Mobotix MxActivitySensor intelligent video capability, which out-of-the box can 'learn' the scene and over time is able to distinguish between noise elements in the environment (such as moving trees or clouds, driving rain or streaming water) and activity caused by people, cars or other moving objects that may need to be monitored. This clever piece of on-camera software results in highly accurate alarm detection, reducing false alerts, which removes the nuisance false alarms cause and at the same time significantly saves on storage space. With the intelligent video analytics processing and storage of footage taking place on the camera ifself (at the edge), little or no bandwidth will be used for these tasks to take place, contrary to the continuous data streams that happen when using a central server-based recording / management system. In addition to on-board recording, storage of CCTV footage can also be done directly from the camera to a NAS.
Using a Mobotix video monitoring system is easy by means of the free MXControlCenter video management software suitable for larger systems or the freely downloadable MXEasy management software suited to smaller systems up to 16 camera channels. Both are client software and offer an easy-to-use interface, whilst the processor heavy functions and recording is taking place on board of the cameras. This means that both MXControlCenter and MXEasy can be installed on a basic PC. MXEasy is also available for MAC and Linux. Mobile access with a number of useful features is available for iOS using the Mobotix App, ideal for managers or business owners on the move.
The Mobotix M25M-SEC-NIGHT is PoE-only allowing quick and easy installation. The unit includes a wall / ceiling bracket with concealed cable channel. The M25M-SEC-NIGHT camera is IP-66 rated and can be used outdoor as well as indoor. It operates in temperatures as low as -30°. Central to the Mobotix philosophy is that there are no moving parts, heaters or fans in any of its cameras, improving reliability and durability and making the cameras energy efficient.
Please note: no power supply included with this camera. Please use the above drop down menu to select a PoE midspan, if required. Please also use the above 'Select lens' drop down to choose the required lens (viewing angle).
Key features & benefits
- 6 megapixel monochrome sensor producing high-quality, clear and detailed black and white video footage at 20 frames per second
- Infrared sensitive allowing operation in complete darkness when used in combination with IR LED illumination.
- Mobotix MxLEO (Lowlight Exposure Optimization) enhances low light performance and sharpness with reduced motion blur and image noise by using the unused pixels on the 6 megapixel sensor to improve light capture
- Mobotix MxActivitySensor intelligent video motion detection built into the camera can 'learn' a scene and reduces false alarms, increasing accuracy and reliability of alarm triggers, whilst also saving on storage space
- De-centralised system with video processing and recording taking place on the camera (at the edge), reducing bandwidth usage and negating the need for a high specification recording server
- MxControlCenter and MxEasy management software included free of charge, only requiring a basic PC to run on. No need to invest in additional video management software or expensive server infrastructure. Software updates are free of charge.
- Mac and Linux compatible when using MxEasy management software, suitable for systems up to 16 cameras
- Mobotix App available for mobile access from iOS devices, featuring a multi-camera view and access to live and recorded video footage
- Suitable for any system size, from one stand-alone camera operation to enterprise-level installation incorporating tens or hundreds of cameras
- Digital PTZ enables effective area coverage with close-up viewing of an area of interest in high detail, whilst full scene is recorded at any time to prevent activity from being missed
- 4 modes of compression provide flexible bandwidth and storage management (MxPEG, M-JPEG, JPEG and H.264 (SIP only)
- 4GB MicroSD card included (higher capacity storage cards available - please select from above drop down menu)
- An integrated speaker and microphone provide two-way audio communication plus also the capability to automatically play a warning message when triggered by detection
- IP66-rated casing enables the camera to be used outside. Housing made from high-resistance composite (PBT)
- No moving parts or heaters: reducing power consumption, increasing durability and lowering maintenance costs
- PoE supports reduces installation time and costs
- Bracket included for wall and ceiling mounting. Cable fully concealed through a hidden cable channel.
Alternative recording platforms
The Mobotix M25M-SEC-NIGHT is suited for dark environments and night-time operation, delivering monochrome (black and white) images in high detail, particularly when used in applications that also include infrared scene illumination, which often is required when light pollution is a concern and the use of floodlights is restricted. Typical use include construction sites, businesses, schools or government buildings that are in or near a residential area.
- Choice of lens
- Pre-installed 4GB SD card
- MxEasy video management software for systems including up to 16 cameras (no license fees and free upgrades)
- MxControlCenter video management software for larger systems (no license fees and free upgrades)
- Conversion set for ceiling mount
- Fixings and fixing tools including allen key
- 50cm patch cable
Back To Top
- Higher capacity MicroSD card
- PoE midspan
- Mobotix pole mount adaptor (MxSecureFlex)
- Mobotix ExtIO function expansion module
- MxOvervoltage protection box