This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Mobotix D26
Overview of the Mobotix D25M-SEC-NIGHT
The Mobotix D25M-SEC-NIGHT is the night-time version of the D25M-SEC colour camera, fitted with a monochrome 6 megapixel image sensor that produces black and white images only and is more light sensitive as a result. It is a high-end, compact network dome-shape camera with advanced software running on the unit itself, incorporating on-board video recording and storage as well as intelligent video analytics technology for reliable and accurate alarm detection, offering a complete, edge-based (de-centralised) video surveillance system that is light on bandwidth use and does not require the use of a costly recording server.
Combining a 6 megapixel progressive scan 1/2.5" monochrome CMOS sensor with Lowlight Exposure Optimization technology and backlight compensation, the D25M-SEC-NIGHT dome camera offers enhanced light sensitivity with reduced motion blur and image noise, delivering clear, highly detailed monochrome (black and white) video footage at 20 frames per second, whilst being able to do this under light conditions as low as 0.0025 lux at 1/1 s or in complete darkness (0 lux) when used in combination with infrared LED lights. The camera's handy digital pan-tilt-zoom function allows for the live image to zoom in on a specific area of interest or run through a programmed tour of required views, whilst the full scene is continuously being recorded in the background, preventing that any activity or event will be missed.
Further usability is provided by the camera's advanced Mobotix MxActivitySensor intelligent video capability, which out-of-the box (i.e. without time-consuming configuration and adjustments) can 'learn' the scene and over time is able to distinguish between environmental noise elements (such as clouds, swaying trees, snow or rain and moving water) and human activity or moving objects of interest. This advanced piece of on-camera software delivers accurate alert detection, significantly reducing false alarm notifications, which not only removes a great deal of nuisance but also saves on the use of storage capacity as false alarm events are no longer being recorded, not in large volumes anyway. With all the video analytics processing and recording of CCTV footage taking place at the edge (i.e. on the camera ifself), no bandwidth is used for these functions to take place, contrary to the constant data flows that takes place when using a server-based (central) video management system. In addition to on-camera video storage, recording can also take place directly from the camera to a NAS, making a Mobotix system resilient as well as cost-effective when scaling up.
Using a Mobotix camera system is easy through the freely downloadable MXControlCenter video management software, suited to larger installations, or the freely available MXEasy software, which has been designed for smaller CCTV installations up to 16 cameras. Both MxControlCenter and MxEasy are a client software that make system management easy and user-friendly, whilst the processor intensive tasks and video recording is carried out by software (including MxActivitySensor and MXLeo) on the cameras, meaning that both MXControlCenter and MXEasy only require a standard PC to run from. MXEasy is also available for MAC and Linux. Mobile access with a number of handy features is available for iOS using the Mobotix App, making Mobotix one of the easier to use solutions for traveling managers and business owners.
The compact Mobotix D25M-SEC-NIGHT IP dome is PoE only, making for quick and easy installation using the Ethernet cable for both data as well as power. IP65-rated, the D25M-SEC-NIGHT can be installed indoor as well as outdoor. It can be used in environments with temperatures as low as -30° without the need for an additional heater, making this camera also very energy efficient. Core to the Mobotix concept is that there are no moving parts, fans or heaters in any of its cameras, improving reliability and durability.
Please note: no power supply included with this camera. Please use the above drop down menu to select a PoE midspan, if required. Please also use the above 'Select lens' drop down to choose the required lens (viewing angle).
Key features & benefits
- 6 megapixel monochrome image sensor producing high-quality, clear and detailed black and white video footage
- Infrared sensitive and can be used in combination with infrared (IR) LED illuminators
- Mobotix MxLEO (Lowlight Exposure Optimization) enhances low light performance and sharpness with reduced motion blur and image noise by using the unused pixels on the 6 megapixel sensor to improve light capture
- Mobotix MxActivitySensor intelligent video motion detection built into the camera can 'learn' a scene and reduces false alarms, increasing accuracy and reliability of alarm triggers, whilst also saving on storage space
- De-centralised system with video processing and recording taking place on the camera (at the edge), reducing bandwidth usage and negating the need for a high specification recording server
- MxControlCenter and MxEasy management software included free of charge, only requiring a basic PC to run on. No need to invest in additional video management software or expensive server infrastructure. Software updates are free of charge.
- Mac and Linux compatible when using MxEasy management software, suitable for systems up to 16 cameras
- Mobotix App available for mobile access from iOS devices, featuring a multi-camera view and access to live and recorded video footage
- Suitable for any system size, from one stand-alone camera operation to enterprise-level installation incorporating tens or hundreds of cameras
- Digital PTZ enables effective area coverage with close-up viewing of an area of interest in high detail, whilst full scene is recorded at any time to prevent activity from being missed
- 4 modes of compression provide flexible bandwidth and storage management (MxPEG, M-JPEG, JPEG and H.264 (SIP only)
- 4GB MicroSD card included and pre-installed (higher capacity storage cards available - please select from above drop down menu)
- IP65-rated casing enables the camera to be used outside
- No moving parts or heaters: reducing power consumption, increasing durability and lowering maintenance costs
- PoE supports reduces installation time and costs
Alternative recording platforms
- Milestone XProtect
- NUUO network video recorders (NVRs)
Especially designed for capturing high-quality video at night-time and in darker conditions or for deployment in combination with infrared illumination. Suited for when edge-based (de-centralised) system set up is required with image processing and recording taking place on the camera. The Mobotix D25M-SEC-NIGHT IP dome camera can be used in many different applications, able to operate as a stand-alone unit as well as part of a larger system.
- Choice of lens (please select required lens from above drop down menu)
- Pre-installed 4GB SD card
- MxEasy video management software for systems including up to 16 cameras (no license fees and free upgrades)
- MxControlCenter video management software for larger systems (no license fees and free upgrades)
- Fixings and fixing tools including allen key
- 50cm patch cable
Back To Top
- Higher capacity MicroSD card (please select from above drop down menu)
- PoE midspan (please select from above drop down menu)
- Mobotix in-ceiling mount kit allowing unobtrusive installation
- Mobotix wall-mount kit providing horizontal camera orientation (which can also be pole-mounted using the optional Mobotix SecureFlex pole mount adaptor)
- Mobotix anti-vandal kit comprising 3mm polycarbonate dome bubble and a stainless steel ring (also available painted white, grey or black)
- Mobotix ExtIO function expansion module providing two way audio via integrated microphone and speaker, IR motion sensor, alarm inputs and outputs