This product is now discontinued, for alternative products please see Milestone's Husky NVR Series
Overview of the Milestone Husky M550A
The Milestone Husky M550A is an advanced network video recorder (NVR) from the high-performance Husky range, supporting up to 768 cameras. The unit is designed for rack-mounting (2U in height) and comes preloaded with Milestone XProtect Expert and has a maximum storage capacity of 64TB – support for RAID 5, 10 and 50 included. This NVR unit also features an i7 Intel processor, 16GB RAM, two-way audio, hot swappable drives and dual power supply.
The connection of an HD monitor via the HDMI port allows the M550A to be used as an all-in-one standalone surveillance workstation. With a recording rate of up to 1200Mbit/s this unit has the capability to support the high-demands of large installations, and by using a dual power supply the M550A can provide constant power in the event that one of the power sources fails.
All eight HDD bays included in the M550A come pre-fitted with Western Digital Purple hard drives and are optimised for streaming applications with RAID Controller support. The hard drives can be switched or upgraded easily without powering off the system using the hot swappable feature. If the user requires more storage, this unit can be connected to a number of compatible Milestone Huskys and be centrally managed using Milestone Interconnect. Access to the live video feed and stored footage can be accessed easily using the PC Smart Client, web client or on the go via the Milestone mobile app.
The Smart Client’s interactive multi-layered maps feature gives the user the ability to efficiently survey their full camera system, and the live video feed can also be shared across a number of sites using multicast – handy if multiple parties are involved. The M550A also maintains a high system performance by using Hardware accelerated video motion detection which reduces the CPU load by up to 75%.
With the inclusion of Milestone's XProtect Expert, the user has the option to use a number of add-ons including XTransact, XProtect retail, XProtect LPR and XProtect Screen Recorder. Third-party applications can also be integrated for a more tailored system.
Please note: the Husky M550A can accommodate a total of 768 cameras with the purchase of a Husky XProtect Expert device licence for each device on the system. In this scenario, additional switches would also be required – see the related products above.
The Husky M550A is available in a number of variants with different storage capacities and with the purchase of each additional licence you are also provided with 3 years of Care Plus - please make your selection from the drop down menu above.
Key features & benefits
- Supports up to a total of 768 cameras with the purchase of licences and switches (no licences included)
- Option to be used as a stand-alone CCTV system workstation by connecting an HD monitor via the HDMI port
- Total storage of 64TB available across eight bays in multiple configurations (RAID Controller and SATA drives supported)
Hot swappable dives allow the switching of storage drives without interruption to service
- Comes with Milestone’s XProtect Expert preloaded and 3 years of Care Plus
- Each additional Husky XProtect Expert device licence also comes with 3 years of Care Plus
- Reliable 1200Mbit/s recording rate for demanding camera systems with high throughput
- Hardware accelerated motion detection reduces CPU load by up to 75%
- The live stream can be shared with external sites using multicast
- Interactive multi-layered maps provide a full overview of camera systems assisting in locating events and cameras easily
- Instant access to cameras is provided by Alarm Manager, allowing immediate detection of any incidents
- Easy to use with 3 flexible viewing interfaces, Smart Client, Web Client and Milestone mobile app
- Audio I/O ports support two-way communication and allow sound to be recorded (speaker and microphone required)
- Connects to additional Milestone Husky NVRs for a centrally managed scalable system
- Dual power supply provides a back up power source in the event of power failure
- Includes a powerful Intel i7 processor and 16GB of RAM
- Supports third-party integrations and Milestone add-on products
The advanced Milestone Husky M550A NVR coms with XProtect Expert preloaded, 3 years of Care Plus and has a total storage capacity of 64TB - available across eight HDD bays. This unit is an ideal solution for organisations that have large scale IP video systems such as airports, arenas and prisons.
Back To Top
- Milestone XProtect Expert camera licence - a maximum of 768 are available (additional PoE+ switches required)