This product is now discontinued, for alternative products please see Milestone's Husky NVR Series
Overview of the Milestone Husky M30
The Husky M30 is mid-range in Milestone’s high performance network video recorder (NVR) series. The M30 can support the recording of up to 8 cameras by default with the option to expand camera support to a total of 32 with the purchase of additional camera licences and a separate PoE+ switch. Preloaded with an NVR-optimised version of XProtect Professional, this unit also features a maximum of 12TB storage, interactive multi-layered maps, 8GB RAM, i5 Intel processor, two-way audio and remote access via Milestone’s mobile app.
The M30 comes with 8 camera licences and can be easily connected to an HD monitor (via the HDMI port) for setup and troubleshooting without the requirement of a separate PC. The unit uses an i5 processor, 8GB of RAM and supports a recording rate of 136Mbit/s, allowing it to be used with demanding IP cameras.
The unit’s two HDD slots come pre-fitted with Western Digital Purple hard drives and can hold a maximum of 12TB storage. If more recording space is required the M30 can be connected to any other compatible Milestone Husky NVR in a master/slave setup. Instant access to the video feed is provided through a web client, PC smart client and on-the-go remote access via Milestone’s mobile app.
Automatic camera discovery simplifies the installation process by quickly recognising and configuring any connected camera in XProtect. The whole system can then be efficiently monitored using the interactive multi-layered maps feature, which provides a full overview of any events occurring across the site. Additionally, this unit is equipped with hardware accelerated decoding that results in a smoother performance with up to 75% reduced CPU load.
The Husky M30 is compatible with XProtect add-ons including XTransact, XProtect Retail, XProtect LPR and XProtect Screen Recorder, and third-party integrations to create a wide range of business solutions. Compatibility with Milestone Interconnect provides flexible and cost-effective central operation for surveillance operations split across different geographical sites. Technical issues can be resolved and the health of an M30 can be monitored using the free Customer Dashboard. ONVIF cameras are supported by the Husky M30, providing compatibility with a wide range of IP video products.
Please note: the Husky M30 can be expanded to accommodate a total of 32 cameras with the purchase of a Husky XProtect additional device licence – available in packs of 4. In this scenario, an additional switch would also be required – see the related products above.
The Husky M30 is available in a number of variants with different storage capacity. As standard this Husky comes with Care Basic, covering all devices connected to the unit. This can be upgraded to Care Plus, which will also support all connected devices - please make your selection from the drop down menu above.
Key features and benefits
- Supports up to 32 cameras with the purchase of additional camera licences and switch
- Connection of an HD monitor allows for setup and troubleshooting
- Up to 12TB of Western Digital Purple drive storage, available in different configurations (SATA drives supported)
- Care Basic is included as standard, covering all connected devices (option available to upgrade to Care Plus)
- 136 Mbit/s recording rate allows reliable recording of multiple high-end IP cameras
- Hardware accelerated decoding reduces CPU load by up to 75%
- Preloaded with an NVR-optimised version of XProtect Professional
- Connect and setup cameras quickly and efficiently using automatic camera discovery
- Multi-layer maps provide an interactive overview of the system and helps locate cameras and events easily
- Alarm Manager gives instant access to cameras for immediate detection of incidents
- Easy to use with 3 flexible viewing interfaces, Smart Client, Web Client and Milestone mobile app
- Audio I/O ports support two-way communication and allow sound to be recorded
- Multiple Milestone Husky NVRs can be connected together for a fully scalable - master/slave setup
- Includes powerful Intel i5 processor and 8GB of RAM
- Supports third-party integrations and Milestone add-on products
The Milestone Husky M30 NVR device comes with 8 camera licences and offers up to 12TB of storage, designed for small to medium IP video surveillance applications. The M30 would be a fitting choice for offices, supermarkets and arcades.
Back To Top
- Additional camera licences - a maximum of 24 additional device licences are available for a total of 32 (additional PoE+ switch required)