Overview of the Microchip PD-USB-DP60
This USB-C to PoE adapter allows IoT devices such as small PCs, tablets or monitors with USB-C connections to be connected to a PoE network. Compatible with USB 2.0 and 3.1, the unit provides power and data capabilities to USB-C hosts and power to USB-C-powered devices.
Enabling flexible installation, this adapter removes the need for a power source to be located close by and allows the PoE source can be placed up to 100m from the device, therefore resolving the issue of limited USB cable length. A single ethernet cable is needed to deliver up to 60W of power at the output of the adapter. Furthermore, the Microchip PD-USB-DP60 automatically supplies the end device with the correct amount of power, helping prevent errors and power surges.
Key features & benefits
Back To Top
- Allows a USB-C device to receive power and data via PoE
- Connects to small USB-C-enabled PCs, tablets and monitors
- Extends reach up to 100m and removes the need for a close power source
- A single ethernet cable is required to provide up to 60W of power
- Automatic power handling – protecting devices from power surges and errors