Overview of the Microchip PD-9512G
The PD-9512G high Power-over-Ethernet (PoE+) midspan from Microchip provides power to up to 12 IP cameras from a remote location via a standard Ethernet cable. With no need for a local power source, users are also able to manage power from a centralised location.
This midspan is an ideal choice for users that are looking to upgrade any current IP-based system to PoE. All 12 ports are fully compliant with IEEE 802.3af and IEEE 802.3at standards, each receiving up to 72 Watts of power with a data throughput speed of 10/100/1000 Mbps. The Energy Efficient PoE midspan (EEPOE) provides a reduced power dissipation of up to 50% when compared to 2-pair midspans and PoE switches. In addition, the unit can be installed easily and features a slim design which allows it to be fitted into a 1U 19” rack mount.
Key features & benefits
- Provides power to IP cameras and other network devices via a standard Ethernet cable
- 12-port midspan providing up to 72 Watts of power to each port (1000w max)
- Complies fully with Power-over-Ethernet standards (IEEE802.3af and IEEE802.3at)
- Delivers data throughput speeds of 10/100/1000 Mbps
- Energy efficient with reduced power dissipation
- Supports both IPv4 and IPv6 addressing
- A consistent uptime is guaranteed
- Gives power over existing Ethernet infrastructures safe and reliably
- 1U 19” rack-mountable
Ideal for large to medium-sized businesses, the Microchip PD-9512 PoE midspan delivers power to up to 12 IP cameras or other network devices. Typical applications include leisure centres, museums and office buildings.
Back To Top