Overview of the Microchip PD-9012G
The Microchip PD-9012G is a 12-port, rack-mountable High Power over Ethernet midspan with power management features, ideal for powering surveillance networks in shops and offices. Capable of a total power output of 450W, the unit can provide power for up to 12 different devices through standard Ethernet cable, reducing power supply costs during installation.
Compatible with both IEEE802.3af and IEEE 802.3at power standards, devices conforming to both standards can be powered from a single unit. Power to each channel can also be switched locally or remotely using the web interface, SNMPv3 protocol or PowerView Pro application, giving users the option to control power distribution from anywhere in the world.
The data throughput of 1Gbps does not cause data bottlenecks on high-speed networks, while the failover feature means that if the midspan encounters a hardware fault, a similar unit can take over immediately, increasing reliability for mission-critical devices. The midspan is also compatible with Microchip Redundant Power Supplies so that should one fail, another will take its place, minimizing downtime.
This midspan is available as a UK or EU variant (please select from the dropdown menu).
Key features & benefits
- Power up to 12 separate Power over Ethernet devices using standard Ethernet cabling
- Supports both IEEE802.3af and IEEE802.3at power standards
- Supplies up to 36W of power per channel (450W max aggregate output)
- Control power supply to each channel locally or remotely using the web interface, SNMPv3 protocol or included PowerView Pro software
- 1Gbps data throughput per channel
- Midspan-to-midspan failover provides added redundancy in the event of hardware failure
- Compatible with Microchip Redundant Power Supplies
- Integrated safety features automatically shut off power in case of fault or device incompatibility
- Supports IPv6 addressing, future-proofing the device
- Suitable for installation in 19" rack cabinets
The Microchip PD-9012G/ACDC/M is ideally suited to large IP surveillance networks with up to 12 devices requiring power from a single unit in locations such as shops, large offices and warehouses.
Key technical indicators
- Number of ports: 12
- Data rates: 10/100/1000 Mbps
- Operating temperatures: -10 to 40°C
- Power input: 110-240V AC or 55V DC, 50-60Hz (2.75A)
- Power output: 55V DC, 36W typical per channel (aggregate 450W max)
- Power standards: IEEE802.3af, IEEE802.3at
- Pin Assignment: 4/5 (+), 7/8 (–)
- Weight: 6.5kg
- Casing: Plastic
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 438mm x 272mm x 44mm
- 12 x 10/100/1000MBps RJ-45 Ethernet connections (Network in)
- 1 x 10/100/1000MBps RJ-45 Ethernet connection (Management port)
- 12 x 10/100/1000MBps RJ-45 Ethernet connections with Power over Ethernet (Network and power out)
- USB type B Console port
- HD-D-Sub-15 RPS Com connector
- IEC power connector
Back To Top
- IEC UK power cable
- Setup CD
- Rack Mount Lugs