Overview of the Microchip PD-3501G
The Microchip 3501G is a Power over Ethernet midspan, providing power to a single network device through the Ethernet network connection. The unit can supply power to an IP camera from a remote location, removing the need for a local power source and allowing management of power from a centralised location.
The midspan is ideal for use in IP CCTV camera systems, being compatible with the IEEE802.3af power standard and able to supply up to 48V. Gigabit data speeds are supported, eliminating data bottlenecks on high-speed equipment.
Easy to install, the PD-3501G requires no configuration for use. The midspan is also safe and reliable, featuring intelligent hardware to cut power on detection of shorts or disconnection.
Key features & benefits
- Provide power to compatible network camera hardware through the Ethernet connection
- Manage power supplies from a centralised location
- No need for power at the camera's location
- Gigabit network speeds ensure no data bottlenecks
- Safe and reliable, with automatic electrical short and disconnection detection
- Plug-and-play installation. No configuration required
This midspan is ideal for powering individual IP cameras or compatible network devices from a remote location. It is perfect for use in homes and offices, shops, restaurants and anywhere an IP CCTV system is to be installed.
Key technical features
Back To Top
- Number of ports: 1
- Data rates: 10/100/1000Mbps
- Operating temperatures: −20 to 70°C
- Power input: 110-240V AC
- Power output: 48V DC, 15.4W max.
- Power standards: IEEE802.3af
- Pin Assignment: 4/5 (+), 7/8 (−)
- Weight: 200g
- Casing: Plastic with mounting holes
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 44mm x 438mm x 272mm