This product is discontinued, for alternatives please see Wisenet IP Cameras
Overview of the Hikvision DS-2DF8236I-AELW
This outdoor-ready PTZ unit delivers HD 1080p video at up to 25 frames per second (fps), complete with true day/night recording and integrated infrared (IR) illumination. Hikvision’s Darkfighter technology supports the capture of colour images even in low-light, and regions of interest can be examined in detail using the camera’s full pan/tilt functionality and 36x optical zoom. Additional features include MicroSD card storage and high Power-over-Ethernet (PoE).
Using the camera’s endless 360° pan, users are able to navigate easily across wide locations and a 36x optical zoom enables real-time investigation into specific regions. Configurable guard tours / patrols are also available and allow users to monitor multiple areas of interest in a sequence.
Integrated IR LEDs provide up to 200m of infrared night-vision, and Hikvision’s smart IR function prevents overexposure of objects close to the camera by adjusting the IR strength according to zoom levels. Additional imaging technologies such as wide dynamic range (WDR) and 3D noise reduction are also supported to help improve image clarity in challenging lighting conditions.
Configurable video motion detection alarms alert users of possible incidents via notifications such as email. These alarms can also be used to trigger specific tasks such as Hikvision’s Smart Tracking function that will follow and capture an object's movement when motion is detected. In addition, the unit’s built-in I/O ports allow the connection of external devices to help enhance alarm signalling, and two-way audio is enabled when a microphone and speaker (not included) are connected.
Support for PoE+ reduces cabling by delivering both power and network connectivity via a single cable and on-board microSD card storage (card not included) provides a handy back up of data if connection to the network is lost. Users are able monitor their system easily using the included Hikvision iVMS-4200 software and can download the free Hik-Connect mobile app for basic CCTV monitoring on-the-go.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select one from the drop down menu above if required.
Key features & benefits
- Capable of delivering HD 1080p resolution at 25 fps, providing high quality CCTV footage
- Hikvision Darkfighter technology captures colour images – even in dimly lit environments
- Variable pan/tilt movements and 360° endless pan enables responsive navigation across wide scenes
- IP66 and IK10 rated housing offers protection from harsh weather conditions and tampering attempts
- True day/night functionality with integrated IR-cut filter provides round-the-clock surveillance
- Regions of interest can be investigated in real-time using the 36x optical zoom
- Built-in IR LEDs provide infrared night-vision at a distance of up to 200m
- Improved image clarity in difficult lighting conditions using WDR and 3D noise reduction imaging technologies
- Video motion detection alarms can be configured to enhance scene awareness for reliable surveillance
- Objects can be followed throughout the scene when motion is detected using the Smart Tracking function
- Alarm signalling is enhanced when external alarm sources are connected via I/O ports
- Audio I/O ports support the connection of an external microphone and speaker to provide two-way audio
- Installation via high PoE reduces installation costs as only one cable is required
- Edge recording to MicroSD card provides a data back up in the event of network failure
- Free video management using the included Hikvision iVMS-4200 software
Compatible recording platforms
The Hikvision DS-2DF8236I-AELW network camera delivers high quality HD 1080p video and is ideal for organisations that require 24-hour security surveillance in large outdoor locations. Typical applications include large car parks, power stations and city surveillance.
- Hikvision iVMS-4200 video management software
- Installation guide / manual on CD
- Fitting template
- Screws (Security screw driver provided where required)
(please select from the above drop down menu if required)
Back To Top
- MicroSD card
- Power Supply
- Mounting options