This product is discontinued, for alternatives please see Wisenet IP Cameras
Overview of the Hikvision DS-2DF5274-A
Suitable for external installation, this dome IP camera from Hikvision features full pan/tilt/zoom (PTZ) functionality suitable for surveillance across a wide field of view. Optical and digital zooms enable the user to obtain a closer view and investigate particular areas within the scene that are of interest. Capable of delivering 1.3 megapixel resolution at 25 frames per second (fps) the network camera provides 24 hour surveillance with a built-in infrared (IR) cut filter. A range of Hikvision's SMART features such as smart tracking and configurable alarm triggers enable an enhanced level of surveillance. Additional features of this model include a 1/3’’ Progressive Scan CMOS sensor, on-board storage and support for triple streaming.
PTZ functions allow for a large area to be covered with a single camera, the models endless 360° pan provides a good choice for larger outdoor surveillance areas such as business car parks and loading bays. A 20x optical zoom enables close up monitoring of distant objects, a further 16x digital zoom enables the user to investigate areas of interest within the image - providing easier face and object identification. Equipped with an infrared-cut filter, the camera will automatically switch from colour to black and white video dependent on light levels. This is often described as true day/night capability and ensures optimum image capture 24 hours a day.
The camera includes an IP66 rated housing and also features a selection of Hikvision Smart functions designed to contribute towards the delivery of reliable and accurate outdoor security monitoring. The Smart tracking function in this unit aims to enhance effectiveness of surveillance by detecting movement within a scene, then consequently following the objects movements until it leaves the field of view - ideal in areas where a high level of security is needed for example outside a loading bay. Twenty four programmable privacy masks are available in this model that prevent operators from viewing certain areas of the camera’s view that may be private or sensitive, for example direct view of bathroom entrances.
Video motion detection methods within this unit, such as intrusion and tampering alarms ensure a good level of security surveillance and alerts via email and mobile messaging provide flexible remote viewing in addition to simple and effective camera control. The camera also includes a range of image enhancement technologies such as electronic image stabilisation (EIS), which reduces the effects of camera movement from vibrations and defog technology, which filters dust, fog and smoke from images to improve visibility. For scenes in challenging lighting such as dark shadows and bright highlights, wide dynamic range (WDR) ensures detail is captured in all areas and 3D noise reduction improves video quality in low lighting.
Video can be flexibly compressed using H.264, Motion JPEG or MPEG-4 format depending on what is required, whilst triple streaming reduces bandwidth and storage requirements by enabling up to three streams with different resolutions and frame rates to be configured. The built-in MicroSD card slot (card not included) allows up to 128GB to be stored internally on the camera, providing a back-up in the situation of a network failure and also allows the unit to be used as a stand-alone system.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select one from the drop down menu above if required.
Key features & benefits
- Pan/tilt/zoom movement with endless 360° rotation allows for flexibility of viewing and recording
- 20x optical zoom enables considerable focus on a specific area so detail can be observed
- 16x digital zoom enables further investigation into the image for identification purposes
- Capable of delivering HD 720p video at 25 fps
- True day/night capability with IR cut filter provides 24/7 monitoring
- 3D noise reduction and wide dynamic range (WDR) improve image clarity in challenging light conditions
- Defog technology filters dust and smoke from images to improve visibility
- Privacy masking with 24 configurable zones to obscure private areas from viewing and recording
- Triple streaming support, allowing different data (H.264/MJPEG/MPEG-4) to be streamed simultaneously
- Recording to MicroSD card provides a back up solution if the network fails
- Included Hikvision iVMS-4500 video management software
Compatible recording platforms
The Hikvision DS-2DF5274-A network camera is an ideal choice where 24 hour coverage across a wide area is required with a single unit, providing a cost-effective alternative to implementing several fixed cameras. Typical uses include business car parks and loading bays.
- Hikvision iVMS-4500 video management software
- Installation guide / manual on CD
- Fitting template
- Screws (Security screw driver provided where required)
(please select from the above drop down menu if required)
Back To Top