Overview of the Hikvision DS-2DE5174-A
This product is discontinued, for alternatives please see Wisenet IP Cameras
This outdoor network camera features full pan/tilt/zoom (PTZ) functionality, allowing the camera to capture wide areas of a scene that would otherwise need more than one fixed IP camera. Capable of delivering HD 720p resolution images at up 25 frames per second (fps), the model also provides true day/night capability with an infrared (IR) cut filter. Housed in an IP66 ingress rated casing, the unit is protected against inclement weather conditions making an ideal external surveillance solution. The CCTV unit features 20x optical zoom, enabling the user to obtain a closer view of areas within the scene that are of interest. Other features include a 1/3’’ Progressive Scan CMOS sensor, on-board storage and support for dual streaming.
Featuring endless 360° pan and -5° to 90° tilt, this external unit is ideal for monitoring large outdoor areas such as car parks and school grounds. The unit includes a 16x digital zoom that enables in-depth surveillance within the image - ideal for identification purposes. The compact design and IP66 ingress rated housing allows the camera to be placed discretely within an outdoor scene, suitable for areas that require unobtrusive CCTV monitoring.
24 hour surveillance is provided with an integrated IR cut filter, switching from full colour image to monochrome night-vision ensures a constant surveillance presence. Backlight compensation support is available to help prevent areas of interest being silhouetted against bright backgrounds and 3D noise reduction improves video quality by reducing the 'grain' seen in low level lighting. In addition to these imaging features, wide dynamic range (WDR) ensures detail is captured in all areas within scenes that face challenging lighting conditions. The cameras 1/3" progressive scan CMOS sensor eliminates blur from movement in images, making them crisp and easy to use for event analysis.
Two programmable privacy masks are available in this model preventing operators from viewing certain areas of the camera’s view, ideal for area's deemed private or sensitive within the field of view.
Support for dual streaming and multiple H.264 and Motion JPEG video streams, enables the user to view a live feed in high-definition and record in a lower definition, saving on bandwidth and storage costs. A built-in MicroSD card slot (card not included) allows data to be stored internally on the camera providing a back-up if the network fails.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select one from the drop down menu above if required.
Key features & benefits
- Pan/tilt/zoom movement with endless 360° rotation allows for flexibility of viewing
- 20x optical zoom enables the focus of a specific area so detail can be observed
- 16x digital zoom allows the user to focus on particular areas of the image for identification purposes
- Capable of delivering HD 720p video at 25 fps
- True day/night capability with IR cut filter provides round the clock surveillance
- 3D noise reduction and wide dynamic range (WDR) improve image clarity in challenging light conditions
- Privacy masking with 2 configurable zones to obscure areas from viewing and recording
- Dual streaming support, allowing different data (H.264/MJPEG) to be streamed simultaneously
- Recording to MicroSD card provides a back up solution if the network fails
- Included Hikvision iVMS-4500 video management software
Compatible recording platforms
The Hikvision DS-2DE5174-A network camera is a good value choice for unobtrusive outdoor surveillance that requires 24 hour surveillance of across a large area. Typical uses of this dome PTZ camera may include around school grounds or forecourts.
- Hikvision iVMS-4500 video management software
- Installation guide / manual on CD
- Fitting template
- Screws (Security screw driver provided where required)
(please select from the above drop down menu if required)
Back To Top