This product is discontinued, for alternatives please see Wisenet IP Cameras
Overview of the Hikvision DS-2CD63C2F-IVS
Featuring an IP66 ingress rating and IK10 impact protective housing, this external IP camera from Hikvision is a good value option for monitoring outdoor scenes where vandalism could be a possibility. The camera is capable of capturing up to 12 megapixel resolution images at 20 frames per second (fps) depending on the choice of viewing mode selected. An IR cut filter provides true day/night capability with a maximum range of 15m, ideal for providing 24 hour surveillance in smaller outdoor areas. The 1.98mm fisheye lens featured in this model has a choice of mounting options providing viewing angles up to 360°. Additional features of this IP camera include audio support with a built-in microphone and speaker, 1/1.7" progressive scan CMOS sensor and on-board storage.
This model uses an IP66 rated outer casing with IK10 rated impact protection, a design combination which guard against water, dust and attempts to damage the camera. The compact design is suitable for unobtrusive installations in which the unit is able to blend in within its surroundings.
This fisheye network camera has the ability of a 360° viewing angle when mounted horizontally, however, when fixed to an exterior wall a panoramic 180° view is achieved. The de-warping technology takes the full spherical fisheye image and allows specific sections of the field of view to be seen with little distortion. Multiple monitoring options are available with quad viewing and up to four regions of interest (ROI) can be generated from the fish-eye image.
True day/night functionality with the camera's IR cut filter, automatically switches from colour images to black and white images when the sensor detects low levels of light. The camera's infrared range has a maximum of 15m, providing a good CCTV solution for those looking for 24/7 monitoring. 3D noise reduction helps to provide a sharper image when there is little light by reducing the 'grain' often seen in low light imagery. Additionally, wide dynamic range (WDR) helps the camera balance high contrast areas of a scene and retain details that would otherwise be lost.
Built-in audio support allows the user to hear sound and be able to communicate to those within the scene, ideal for non-invasive installation in areas where the unit could be prone to tampering. Video motion detection methods such as line crossing and tampering alarms ensure a high level of dynamic scene awareness and alarm notifications can be sent to users via email or mobile devices. All Hikvision cameras come with iVMS-4200 video management software and support for the Hikvision mobile application which enables viewing on the move and provides easy camera control.
Integrated storage with MicroSD card slot (card not included) allows up to 128GB of recordings to be stored on board the camera making a good choice for a stand-alone system. Dual streaming is supported, enabling you to view a live feed in high-definition and record in a lower definition, saving on storage costs. Installation via PoE allows both a network connection and power to be fed to the camera through just one cable, reducing the time taken during installation and simplifying cabling.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select one from the drop down menu above if required.
Key features & benefits
- Capable of capturing up to 12MP resolution
- Capable of 360° viewing angle when ceiling mounted
- 3D noise reduction and wide dynamic range (WDR) improve image clarity in challenging light conditions
- Digital PTZ viewing de-warps the distorted full image allowing it to be viewed more naturally
- Multiple viewing modes give a wide variety of monitoring options
- Video motion detection allow alerts to be sent to user when motion is detected via email or mobile
- True day/night capability with IR cut filter and an IR range of 15m
- IK10 and IP66-rated vandal-resistant housing helps to protect against harsh weather and attempts to vandalise the camera
- Built-in microphone and speaker allow user to hear and interact within the camera's field of view
- Dual streaming support, allowing different data (H.264/MJPEG) to be streamed simultaneously
- Recording to MicroSD card provides a back up solution if the network fails
- Installation via PoE reduces installation costs as only one cable is required
- Included Hikvision iVMS-4200 video management software
Compatible recording platforms
The Hikvision DS-2CD63C2FWD-IVS fisheye network camera is ideal for 24/7 surveillance of outdoor locations where attempts to damage the camera may occur. Typical examples include loading bays and the area outside of a main entrance.
- Hikvision iVMS-4200 video management software
- Installation guide / manual on CD
- Fitting template
- Screws (Security screw driver provided where required)
(please select from the above drop down menu if required)
Back To Top