This product is discontinued, for alternatives please see Wisenet IP Cameras
Overview of the Hikvision DS-2CD2942F-IS
This compact indoor network camera from Hikvision, is a cost-effective surveillance choice providing up to 4 megapixel resolution at 12.5 frames per second (fps) or HD 1080p at 25fps. The IP camera features a 1.6mm fisheye lens with 186°/106° viewing angle, allowing for panoramic viewing of a scene. True day/night capability is achieved with an IR cut filter and IR range of 8m, providing round-the-clock surveillance for a low-cost. The I/O audio alarm support in this camera which can extend the unit's surveillance features, allowing activity in the scene to be heard. With on-board storage and Power-over-Ethernet, the camera is a cost-effective solution for users who require a small scale CCTV installation for small business or office use.
This camera features an IR cut filter which switches from full colour to monochrome night vision when sensors detect low-light levels, providing 24 hour CCTV surveillance. With an infrared range of up to 8m this camera is ideal for users in need of round-the-clock CCTV monitoring for home or office use. With video detection methods such as line crossing and tampering alarms, alerts can be sent via email or mobile devices when motion is detected by the camera, enhancing surveillance. The camera's audio capability gives the potential of hearing activity within the scene and audio detection methods allow an alarm trigger to send an alert to the user. These mobile monitoring apps, available on iOS and Android, support viewing on the move and provide easy camera control.
This model allows a wide image to be captured of the scene and with a viewing angle of 186° (horizontal) / 106° (vertical), ideal for use in offices that want to cover an area with just one unit. Digital pan-tilt-zoom (PTZ) viewing de-warps the curvature of the full image and allows for specific sections of the panoramic field of view to be seen with less distortion. Image enhancement functions such as 3D noise reduction improve clarity within the image and reduce the 'grain' that is often seen in low-light video. In addition, backlight compensation is also supported in this unit, to reduce areas of interest being silhouetted against bright backgrounds.
This camera offers support for dual streams and H.264 and MPJEG compression formats, allowing you to tailor recording settings to optimise use of network resources and storage. Data can additionally be stored to a MicroSD card (card not included) providing a back up in the event of network failure. Power-over-Ethernet enables easy and cost-effective installation and maintenance of this CCTV camera. All Hikvision cameras come with iVMS-4200 video management software enabling simple and effective camera control ideal for smaller scale installations.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select one from the drop down menu above if required.
Key features & benefits
- Captures 4MP resolution at 12.5 fps, or HD 1080p at 25 fps
- Digital PTZ viewing de-warps full panoramic image allowing it to be viewed more naturally
- IR cut filter gives ability of 24-hour CCTV surveillance with an IR range of 8m
- Audio support gives user the ability to hear what is happening within the camera's field of view
- Dual streaming support, allowing different data (H.264/MJPEG) to be streamed simultaneously
- Video motion detections enable alerts to be sent to user when motion is detected within the field of view
- Recording to MicroSD card provides a back up solution if the network fails
- Installation via PoE reduces installation costs as only one cable is required
- Included Hikvision iVMS-4200 video management software
- Mobile access is supported
Compatible recording platforms
The Hikvision DS-2CD2942F-IS mini fisheye network camera is ideal for small scale, indoor locations that require round-the-clock surveillance. Typical examples include small offices and business car parks.
- Hikvision iVMS-4200 video management software
- Installation guide / manual on CD
- Fitting template
- Screws (Security screw driver provided where required)
(please select from the above drop down menu if required)
Back To Top