This product is discontinued, for alternatives please see Wisenet IP Cameras
Overview of the Hikvision DS-2CD2142FWD-I
This compact, outdoor network camera delivers up to 4MP resolution and true day/night capability using infrared, for a very competitive price. Night vision is enhanced using infrared (IR) technology and built-in LEDs which illuminate up to 30m, providing "dusk to dawn" CCTV monitoring. This camera features on-board recording, support for Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) and mobile viewing via Hikvision video management software, making it ideal for customers looking for an affordable, stand-alone installation.
The 4MP, maximum resolution is captured at 20 frames per second (fps) and lower resolutions can be captured at 25 fps, allowing the user to pick the setting that best suits their requirements. Combined with support for dual streams and H.264 and MPJEG compression formats, the resolution and frame rate options offer flexibility during system configuration to fit network resources and storage limits.
This camera's IP67 & IK10-rated housing means it's suitable for outdoor use in exposed areas and the built-in IR cut filter with auto switch allows the unit to change between full colour images during the day and to black and white images at night. 3D noise reduction and wide dynamic range (WDR) technology are also included to help improve image quality in low light or high contrast scenes. In addition to these imaging features, backlight compensation is also available to help prevent areas of interest being silhouetted against bright backgrounds.
Users can be alerted by email or mobile device notifications when motion is detected by the camera, allowing for remote monitoring and simple camera control via the free Hikvision mobile app. Recordings can be stored internally on a MicroSD card (card not included) and PoE support allows both a network connection and power to be fed to the camera through just one cable, simplifying installation and eliminating the cost of a separate power supply.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select from the dropdown menu above if required.
Key features & benefits
- Captures video in 4 megapixel resolution at 20 fps
- True day/night image capture using an infrared-cut filter for 24-hour surveillance
- Integrated infrared LEDs provide up to 30m of illumination in low light or complete darkness
- WDR, noise reduction and backlight compensation help improve image quality
- H.264 and MJPEG compression options allow flexible system configuration
- On-board recording enables the camera to be used as a complete all-in-one surveillance solution
- PoE passes power to the camera along the Ethernet cable, reducing installation costs as only one cable is required
- Free Hikvision iVMS-4200 video management software offers a basic video management solution
Compatible recording platforms
The Hikvision DS-2CD2142FWD-I dome network camera is suitable for small enterprises that need a cost-effective, outdoor network camera. Typical applications include staff entrances, loading bays and parking spaces outside small commercial premises.
Optional (please select from the dropdown menu):
Back To Top