This product is discontinued for ewthical reasons. For suitable alternatives see Wisenet
Overview of the Hikvision DS-2CD2122FWD-I-2.8mm
This outdoor dome network camera is an entry level product from the low-cost Hikvision range, capable of 2 megapixel resolution at 25 frames per second (fps). The vandal-resistant unit is also capable of true day/night surveillance with infrared LEDs illuminating between 10m to 30m for best results. Other features include MicroSD card recording, Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) and support for mobile viewing via Hikvision video management software.
This camera delivers cost-effective surveillance for outdoor locations where simple monitoring or recording is needed round the clock. Full colour images are available in daylight and black and white images are shown at night using infrared (IR) technology. Additionally, wide dynamic range (WDR) helps the camera balance high contrast areas of a scene and retain details that would otherwise be lost.
A range of configurable, camera-based video motion detection alarms are available to help alert users of activity via a choice of notification methods including email. In addition, recordings can be stored internally on a MicroSD card (not included) which means this camera is ideal for a stand-alone installation.
Two commonly used compression formats give options on the quality and size of video files and internal card storage also provides a data backup capability if the network fails. For those looking at best value, support for PoE means power is supplied to the camera through the Ethernet cable, simplifying installation and eliminating the need for a separate power supply.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select from the dropdown menu above if required.
Key features & benefits
- Captures video in 2 megapixel resolution at 25 fps
- 24-hour true day/night image capture using infrared-cut filter to switch between capture modes
- Video capture in total darkness with built-in infrared LEDs providing up to 30m illumination
- Produces clearly exposed images in high contrast scenes using wide dynamic range technology
- Hikvision's 3D noise reduction technology enhances low light images
- On-board recording enables the camera to be used as a complete all-in-one surveillance solution
- PoE passes power to the camera along the Ethernet cable, reducing installation costs as only one cable is required
- Included Hikvision iVMS-4200 video management software
- Mobile access is supported
Compatible recording platforms
The Hikvision DS-2CD2122FWD-I dome network camera is suitable for small enterprises that need a robust, yet affordable camera. Typical applications include external areas to the rear of small shops, staff entrances and forecourts.
- Installation guide / manual on CD
- Fitting template
- Screws (Security screw driver provided where required)
Optional (please select from the dropdown menu):
Back To Top