Overview of the CamStreamer CamScripter App
- Develop and run micro apps directly on an Axis IP camera
- Compatible with a wide range of Axis IP cameras
- Choose from preset packages or create custom applications
- Each app can contain its UI in addition to the CamScripter App’s UI
- E-licence - one licence per camera
CamScripter App is a smart application that allows users to run micro apps directly on an Axis IP camera. The app can be combined with the CamOverlay App to enable data from any source to be embedded into a live video stream, as well as the ability to send data to another non-video system. This setup is ideal for scenarios that require further functionality over what can be achieved using standard Axis Events (which trigger specific actions to be performed when the Axis camera detects a specified condition). The flexible solution can be built independently, or as an addition to an existing security infrastructure; and useful features include the ability to choose from preset packages or to create custom applications that best meet user needs. There is also the potential for each app to contain its own user interface (UI) in addition to the UI of CamScripter App.
With one licence required per network camera, this versatile application is compatible with Axis IP cameras with ARTPEC-6 or higher and enables users to run micro apps directly on their camera to expand their live streaming capabilities. The application leverages the power of its associated camera, simplifying configuration with no need for an extra computer. CamScripter App can be used for a variety of applications; for example, users can display data taken from temperature sensors within a scientific site, or showcase reviews from an external source over the live stream of a popular tourist attraction.
CamScripter App can be downloaded and run onboard an Axis IP camera with ARTPEC-6 or higher, meaning there is no need for an extra computer or complex configurations. Users simply need to download and install the application onto their Axis camera and activate their license to start developing micro apps.
Please note: a single CamScripter App licence is required per Axis IP camera.
Key features & benefits
- E-licence CamScripter application is compatible with Axis IP cameras with ARTPEC-6 or higher
- Allows users to develop and run micro apps directly on an Axis IP camera to provide further functionality over using standard Axis Events
- Users can choose from preset packages or create custom applications
- Each app can contain its own UI in addition to the CamScripter App’s UI
- In combination with CamOverlay App, users are able to embed any data from any source into their video stream
- Each app can have its own UI in addition to CamScripter’s UI – allowing users to tailor their interface around their own needs
- Runs on-camera so no need for extra PCs or complex configurations
- Solution can be built independently or as an addition to an existing security infrastructure
CamScripter App is an ideal choice for users requiring an informative live stream that needs to do more than Axis Events can. Typical applications include inserting tweets from ‘Twitter,’ embedding a graphical clock to improve the appearance of the stream and inserting data from an access control system to see who has just entered the building for improved site security.
Back To Top