Overview of the Arecont Vision Megadome2 AV5255
This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Mobotix D16 DualDome
High-performance Arecont Vision IK10 and IP66 rated AV5255 dome network camera with 5 megapixel resolution at 14 frames per second, true day/night capability, video motion detection, Arecont's binning mode technology for good low-light performance, PoE or auxiliary power option, dual codec and choice from a range of models that include features such as built-in infrared LEDs for night vision, motorised remote zoom and focus, audio, P-iris for improved depth of field and heater options for cold climates.
The AV5255 from Arecont Vision is part of the high-end MegaDome2 series of outdoor vandal-resistant dome IP cameras, offering 5 megapixel resolution at up to 14 frames per second. An automatic IR cut filter and the IR corrected lens provide true day/night capability for optimised 24/7 surveillance whilst the AV5255's binning mode combines the signal from multiple pixels to enhance the camera's light sensitivity. With an IK10 and P66 rated casing, this robust camera is designed to withstand severe impact and operate in harsh weather conditions.
Furthermore, the AV5255 security camera provides reliable event capturing through real-time video motion detection with up to 1024 detection zones and privacy masking to exclude sensitive areas within the camera's wide field of view. The choice of PoE or standard auxiliary power provides flexibility when it comes to installation, with PoE support offering a cost-effective and easy to install method. Featuring a manually adjustable 3-axis gimbal with 360° pan, 90° tilt and 360° z-axis this camera can be mounted to walls and ceilings. Bit rate control and support for H.264 and MJPEG allows for flexible bandwidth and storage management.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select a PoE midspan from the above drop down menu if required.
Standard features & benefits
- High-quality 5 megapixel resolution at 14 fps with ePTZ for close examination of the image
- True day/night capability with infrared-cut filter provides high quality image capture round-the-clock
- Die-cast aluminum casing with polycarbonate dome bubble, IK10 and IP66 rated for durable indoor or outdoor use providing protection against vandalism
- Wall or ceiling mount with 3-axis gimbal, manually adjustable
- Extended real-time motion detection with 1024 zones for reliable and accurate detection
- Binning mode enhances light sensitivity for improved low light performance
- PoE or auxiliary power provides solutions for different preferences
- Dual codec: H.264 and MJPEG
- Wide range of models available, allowing configuration of the AV5255 to individual requirements and preferences (please select from above drop down - see below for the different models and their additional features)
Available AV5255 models
AV5255DN: 3.4-10.5mm varifocal manual iris Lens
AV5255DN-H: 3.4-10.5mm varifocal manual iris lens and PoE heater
AV5255AM: 3.6-9mm varifocal lens with remote focus, remote zoom and auto iris
AV5255AM-H: 3.6-9mm varifocal lens with remote focus, remote zoom and auto iris, PoE heater
AV5255AM-AH: 3.6-9mm varifocal lens with remote focus, remote zoom and auto iris, two-way audio (line input / line output) and PoE heater
AV5255AMIR-H: 3.6-9mm varifocal lens with remote focus, remote zoom and auto iris, infrared LEDs offering a 15 metre night vision range, PoE heater
AV5255AMIR-AH: 3.6-9mm varifocal lens with remote focus, remote zoom and auto iris, infrared LEDs offering a 15 metre night vision range, two-way audio (line input and line output), PoE heater
AV5255PMTIR-H: 9-22mm varifocal lens with remote focus, remote zoom and P-iris, infrared LEDs offering a 15 metre night vision range, PoE heater
Compatible recording platforms
- Network Video Recorders:
The Arecont Vision AV5255 network camera is designed for indoor or outdoor use in areas potentially subject to vandalism or impact from surrounding activity and is ideal for CCTV applications that require high quality, high resolution video capture for the purpose of person identification or close event examination, such as stadiums, concert venues, crowd control, car parks and university campuses.
- Mounting template
- Rubber gasket (preinstall on bottom of camera)
- AC & DC power cable
- I/O cable
- Installation manual
- CD with AV100 software and user manuals (license key required for recording)
- Pack of four (4) wood screws and four (4) dry wall anchors
- Security L-key
- One double-sided hex key
- One single-sided hex key
Back To Top
- PoE midspan (please select from above drop down menu if required)
- Mounting accessories: wall, pendant, pole, corner, flush, wall mount and cap, wall mount electrical box connector and junction box adapter (please call for availability)