Overview of the Allied Telesis AT-MC606
The Allied Telesis AT-MC606 Media Converter enables Ethernet data transmission over coax cabling. When used as a pair data transmission takes place at 100Mbps over coax (50 or 75 Ω cable type supported) with BNC connectors at either end.
Ideal when upgrading from analogue to network CCTV, coax media converters enable network security cameras to join the network using existing coax cabling infrastructure of up to 2km in length. When using this device a single coax cable can support multiple IP cameras, further reducing the costs of installation and reducing the requirement for additional cabling infrastructure.
When used in a pair each unit can be configured as either the subscriber unit (camera end) or the provider unit (network end) via the dip switches on the front panel, meaning your product choices are simplified as you need source only one product to perform both functions.
Key features & benefits
Back To Top
- Ports: port 1: 100TX, port 2: BNC, type: VDSL
- Max coax cable length: 2 km (data rate diminishes with distance)
- Diagnostic LEDs: 7
- Supports 10Base2
- Standalone and rack-mountable
- Can be configures to operate as either subscriber or provider (use at either end of coax cable)
- PSU type: external
- Dimensions: 10 x 9.5 x 2.5cm
- Weight: 0.3 kg
- Warranty: 2 years (or 5 years if product is registered)