Overview of the Allied Telesis AT-GS2002/SP
A media converter capable of joining any networks that are physically separated by large distances, the Allied Telesis AT-GS2002/SP features SFP fibre connectivity, full-duplex operation, auto MDI/MDI-X and MissingLink support. The unit converts speed as well as media type and extends gigabit networks with a transmission distance of up to 80km, depending on SFP.
The unit makes use of Allied Telesis' unique MissingLink and Smart MissingLink features where it can both present a visual alert and pass on the fibre connection's link status to other network devices, meaning that remedial actions can be taken such as SNMP traps set to trigger when the link drops out.
The unit features a rack or wall-mountable design. Rackmounting is done with an additional Allied Telesis rack housing which can incorporate up to 12 standalone units enabling centralised aggregation of incoming fibre.
Key features & benefits
Back To Top
- Ports: port 1: 10/100/1000T, port 2: SFP, fibre type: LC (dependent on GBIC or SFP)
- IEEE standard: 1000SX and LX
- Tx wavelength: depends on SFP
- Rx wavelength: depends on SFP
- Max fibre distance: 80km, depends on SFP
- Max frame size: 1536 bytes
- Diagnostic LEDs: 11
- PSU type: external
- Dimensions: 10 x 9.5 x 2.5cm
- Weight: 0.3 kg
- Warranty: 2 years (or 5 years if product is registered)