Overview of the Panasonic WV-SW172
The Panasonic WV-SW172 is a cost-effective IP camera which offers pan/tilt movement to cover large areas and is outdoor-ready, able to be installed outdoors when installed under eaves or porches. The camera also offers cost-effective recording to an SD/SDHC memory card (not included) for reliable, easy video storage.
Panasonic's wide dynamic range software is included on the camera, including Adaptive black stretch, ensure than even in high contrast lighting, the camera can still provide superior images, while the electronic night mode and dynamic noise reduction systems ensure that footage is bright even in low light. The camera can also adjust automatically when faces are in view for optimum definition using the built-in face detection software.
Users and people in view can communicate interactively using the camera's 2-way audio system and with the built-in microphone, sound can be captured without any additional hardware. Users can also monitor the camera's feed while away from a computer using the mobile phone browser, compatible with internet-enabled mobile devices.
Please note: This camera does not come with a power supply. Should you require a power over Ethernet midspan please select one from the options above.
Key improvements over the previous model (Panasonic BB-HCM735)
- Wide dynamic range technology, adaptive black stretch and dynamic noise reduction produce good quality detail in demanding light conditions
- The face detection system can integrate with Panasonic identification systems or can automatically adjust the image settings so images are well defined
- The camera is compatible with memory cards up to 32Gb for greater retention periods or higher resolution images
- Video streaming has improved with MJPEG and H.264 available at full frame rate simultaneously
- Privacy masking prevents viewing of sensitive areas such as windows or school grounds
- Map Shot captures a large image using all angles accessible from the camera, providing a wide overview
- ONVIF driver support improves the camera's compatibility with third-party network video recorders
Key features & benefits of the Panasonic i-Pro WV-SW172
- Powered 90° pan/tilt movement lets users control the camera remotely to provide surveillance over a large area
- SD/SDHC memory card storage provides inexpensive, reliable video recording internally on the camera
- Speak interactively with people in view using 2-way audio
- The dedicated mobile phone viewer offers monitoring on the move from an internet-enabled mobile device
Typical applications of the Panasonic WV-SW172
The camera is ideal for cost-effective outdoor monitoring of many areas, such as car parks, building entrances, service station forecourts, public areas and storage yards.
Included accessories for the Panasonic WV-SW172
- Installation guide
- Setup CD
- Code label
- Flexible stand
- SD card cover
- Power cable plug