Overview of the Mobotix AllroundDual M15
The Mobotix M15 is a versatile, IP66-rated network camera with 6MP Mobotix Moonlight technology that provides high-quality CCTV surveillance of outdoor locations.
It features a modular lens design which allows two day or night lenses to be fitted - making it a very adaptable all-rounder unit. Mobotix video management software and mobile support is also available – free of charge.
Using a 1/1.8" CMOS sensor for increased light sensitivity, the camera delivers high-quality 6 megapixel resolution images at up to 8 frames per second (fps), or HD 720p at 30 fps. It’s also equipped with Mobotix Moonlight technology to ensure detailed images with significantly reduced motion blur can be captured in low light.
The full range of Mobotix optical lenses are available, ranging from the 180° fisheye that provides wide area coverage, through to a 15° distant-tele lens which is ideal for long distance surveillance applications. One or two of these lens modules can be installed into the main camera body – giving users a wide choice of lens combinations and viewing options.
When ordering, please select the day or night lenses that best suit your requirements. For more details on the lenses available for this model, click the Mobotix lens table to the right.
Key features & benefits
- 6MP Moonlight technology and 1/1.8" CMOS sensor produce high quality images, even in low light
- Modular design allows a suitable lens combination to be selected from a full choice of Mobotix lenses (ranging from fisheye to telephoto)
- Day (colour) or night (black and white) lens versions are available
- Advanced image processing, smart motion detection and analytics all built into the camera
- Digital PTZ controls allow the operator to quickly view specific areas of the image in closer detail
- Built-in microphone and speaker offer two-way audio support for communication between user and scene
- MicroSD card provides edge storage and allows the camera to be used as a standalone unit
- Integrated PIR sensor can detect motion - even in complete darkness
- Flexible compression with support for MxPEG and Motion JPEG formats
- Mobotix MxManagementCenter and the Mobotix iOS mobile app offer free video management
- Durable IP66 and IK07-rated housing allows for safe deployment in external locations
- PoE supplies the camera with both power and network connectivity via a single cable – simplifying installation
- Decentralised design for a flexible, cost effective and easily scalable system
- Low maintenance camera system features no heaters, fans or other moving parts
Please note: this camera does not have a power supply included, please select from the drop down menu above if required.
The decentralised design means each camera is a ‘stand-alone’ surveillance system that is able to process and store video on-board the camera using built-in software and MicroSD card storage. No central data storage is required, bandwidth is lowered and there is no need for any additional recording software. Pioneered by Mobotix, this approach allows the system to be expanded flexibly because no additional investments besides purchasing new cameras are required.
- Advanced image processing
- MicroSD card (64GB max)
(4GB card included – a higher capacity card can be selected from the above drop down menu)
On-board image processing ensures the capture of high quality footage using optimum exposure settings, even in challenging or high contrast lighting conditions. Panorama distortion correction helps to reduce the size of image data before it is saved, lowering bandwidth and allowing dozens of hemispheric cameras to be displayed on a PC or mobile device.
MxActivitySensor provides accurate video motion detection and reduces false alarms by intelligently distinguishing between movements of interest and interference such as extraneous shadows or the movement of interior fixtures.
Statistical behaviour data of people and objects can be collected using Mobotix MxAnalytics. Heat maps help to identify highly frequented areas and counting data can also be displayed to show how many people or objects pass particular locations - and in which direction.
Available for all Mobotix network cameras, Mobotix MxManagementCenter is free video management software that features no license fees or update costs. The Mobotix iOS app is also available, providing users with remote access to video footage from a mobile device.
Robust design and low running cost
Mobotix IP cameras are designed to feature no moving parts such as fans or heaters, and the fibreglass reinforced housings are immune to corrosion and direct sunlight. They are also energy efficient, typically requiring less than 5 watts to operate - meaning little maintenance is required and the units are very economical to run.
The full Mobotix range can also use an external NAS for automatic backup. Additionally, the on-board MicroSD card acts as a failover buffer in case the connection to the NAS is lost.
Compatible recording platforms
The Mobotix AllroundDual M15 network camera features a flexible, modular design and delivers high-quality video footage in 6 megapixel resolution. Typical applications include outdoor locations such as train stations, logistics centres and university campuses.
- 5 year manufacturer's warranty
- 4 GB MicroSD card
- Housing (high-resistance composite, PBT)
- Accessories for installation on wall or ceiling
- Allen wrenchs (2.5mm and 5mm)
- 50m patch cable
- Mobotix MxControlCentre software
Optional (please select from the dropdown menu):
- PoE midspan
- Higher capacity MicroSD card