This product is no longer available. Its replacement is the Sony SNC-DH120.
The Sony SNC-DS10 is a fixed mini-dome network camera incorporating a progressive scan CCD sensor with Sony ExwavePRO technology. This provides high levels of sensitivity giving effective results in low light conditions, ideal for IP CCTV applications.
DEPA enabled, the SNC-DS10 supports Sony’s Distributed Enhanced Processing Architecture technology platform which incorporates intelligent video analytics to provide applications such as intelligent object detection, object direction, people counting etc.
Its compact design allows this mini-dome camera to be installed in any outdoor location for non-invasive monitoring opportunities. Installation couldn’t be simpler thanks to support for Power over Ethernet. Power can be supplied to the camera using the same Ethernet cable which carries the data connection. Like all IP cameras offered by Network Webcams, the Sony SNC-DS10 security camera has a built-in web server and can be viewed over a Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN) or via the Internet as a streaming IP webcam.
Note: This camera does not include a power supply. Please select one from the options above.
An outdoor version is available: Sony SNC-DS60 Outdoor, vandal-resistant mini-dome network camera
Sony SNC-DS10 - Key benefits:
- ExwavePRO technology incorporating progressive scanning and complimentary colour filters help to provide high levels of sensitivity delivering crisp clear images during the day and in low-light environments
- Sony’s Distributed Enhanced Processing Architecture (DEPA) technology uses the camera’s intelligence combined with metadata to provide intelligent video analytics such as object detection, movement direction, people counting, artificial boundaries, observing consumer trends etc.
Sony SNC-DS10 - Key features:
- Progressive scan CCD and ExwavePRO technology provide highly detailed images with a minimum illumination level of just 0.3 lux
- Dual-encoding using JPEG and MPEG-4 images at 30fps (VGA). Allows you to view smooth MPEG-4 video while recording high quality JPEG images
- Maximum resolution: 768 x 576 pixels with horizontal viewing angle of 73° (wide lens position)
- Maximum frame rate: 30fps at (VGA)
- 2x Digital zoom
- JPEG quality can be adjusted while the camera’s constant bit-rate algorithm can limit the bit-rate without compromising the picture quality providing stable bandwidth results
- Variable gamma settings allow you to make adjustments from six preset gamma curves to produce an image which more closely resembles the environment
- Analogue composite RCA output positioned at the front of the camera aids lens position and focusing at point of install
- Quick focus adjustment gives the installation engineer the option to fully open the iris at the push of a button to aid focusing when installing the camera. The camera also displays an on-screen focus bar to make accurate adjustments
- The lens can be quickly adjusted using Sony’s patented ball-joint lens mounting mechanism
- Bi-directional audio provides two-way interactive communication using external microphone or speakers (not supplied). Listen-in to sounds at the camera’s location or sound an alert/make an announcement from the camera via a remote location
- Voice alerts can be pre-programmed inside the camera and made to playback automatically based on alarm trigger
- Intelligent motion detection uses advanced routines to reduce the number of false alarms generated by camera alarms
- Image transfer function for security alarms, configure alarm events in the camera which will send a snapshot live from the scene to an email address or to an FTP server
- Periodic image transfer by email or FTP supported
- Sony’s DEPA technology platform combines the intelligence built into the camera with a series of meta data which can be analysed in different ways such as counting the number of people who pass a virtual boundary, raise an alarm if an object enters or leaves a specified area or identify objects left in a scene for a period of time etc.
- Solid PTZ combined with digital image cropping allows images to be reduced in size and then the live playback can be digitally panned/tilted or made to follow motion automatically
- Privacy zone masking allows you to mask up to 7 prohibited areas from view for privacy protection
- Date/time overlay can be placed over live images useful for identifying exactly when images were captured
- External input/output ports allows the camera to received signals from incoming sensors such as a doorbell or window sensor as well as send output activity to a device such as an alarm or light
- IEEE802.1X compliant enabling the camera to seamlessly integrate into a network environment which uses IEEE802.1X client authorization protocol
Sony SNC-DS10 - Typical applications:
- The Sony SNC-DS10 is a camera designed for security applications in mind. It is ideal for unobtrusive viewing due to its small size and perfect for locations such as shopping centres, train/bus stations, airports, offices, reception areas, schools, colleges, universities or any other indoor space which demand high quality results
Sony SNC-DS10 - Key technical indicators:
- Sensor: 1/4 inch progressive scan CCD with ExwavePRO technology, approx. 330,000 effective pixels
- Lens: Varifocal 3.6x optical, f=2.8 to 10.0mm, F1.3 (wide) – F3.0 (tele), horizontal viewing angle: 73° (wide) – 20° (tele)
- Minimum object distance: 300mm
- 2x Digital zoom
- Supported resolutions: JPEG: 768 x 576, 640x480, 384x288, 320x240 MPEG-4: 640x480, 384x288, 320x240
- Analogue resolution: 400 TVL
- Maximum frame rate: 30fps (VGA 640x480)
- Minimum illumination: 0.3 lux (50IRE, F1.3, AGC 36dB)
- Audio: 2-way bi-directional, compression G.711/G.726 (40,32,24,16 Kb/s)
- Supported protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP, ARP, ICMP, FTP, SMTP, DHCP, SNMP, DNS, NTP, RTP/RTCP, UDP
- Number of simultaneous clients: 10
- Power: 24V AC, 12V DC, PoE (IEEE802.3af)
- Consumption: 7.5W max.
- System requirements: Microsoft Windows Vista or Microsoft Windows XP, Intel Pentium IV, 2.4Ghz or higher, Intel Core2 Duo, 1.8Ghz or higher, RAM: 1GB or more, Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0/6.0
- Operating temperatures: 0°C – 50°C (32°F to 122°F)
- Weight: approx. 780g (1lb 11oz)
- Dimensions: 140mm diameter x 118mm (H)
- Wall or ceiling mountable
Sony SNC-DS10 - Connections:
- 10Base-T/100Base-TX (RJ-45)
- Analogue video output: BNCx1, 1.0Vp-p, 75 ohms, RCA x 1
- I/O: Sensor in x 1, Alarm out x 2
- External microphone input/Line input: Mini-jack x1 (Mic in: monaural, 2.2k ohms, DC 2.5V plug-in power, Line-in: monaural
- Audio line output: Mini-jack x 1 (Monaural, max output level: 1Vrms
Sony SNC-DS10 - Accessories included:
- CD-ROM including user’s guide, IP setup program, audio upload tool, privacy masking tool, video player and customer homepage installer
- Installation manual
- Wire rope
- Audio cable
Sony SNC-DS10 - Additional items you may want to order with this camera:
Product data sheet: Sony SNC-DS10 Mini-dome Network Camera (PDF 68.6KB)
- Sony Realshot Manager v4.0 Recording Software