Overview of the Raytec Vario2 i8-3
Call for availability prior to ordering
This powerful, triple-panel infrared (IR) illuminator by Raytec can be used with IP cameras that include an IR-cut filter to help enhance surveillance at night. Part of the high-performance Vario2 series, this outdoor-ready unit also features Adaptive Illumination and Hot-spot Reduction Technology (HRT).
Capable of delivering wide beam angles up to 180°, or a maximum illumination distance of 606m (at 10°) – this unit provides a flexible lighting solution when monitoring large areas in complete darkness. It’s equipped with Vario’s interchangeable lens system and is also supplied with three holographic lens inserts. Users’ can swap out these lens inserts easily – allowing them to select the most suitable beam angle and illumination to meet their lighting requirements. Optional 80° or 120° lens inserts are also available if a wider angle is required (see dropdown menu above).
The unit delivers enhanced IR illumination in a highly-diffused, elliptical beam directly to where it is most needed using Hot-spot Reduction Technology (HRT). This also allows further illumination distances, whilst helping to prevent overexposure of foreground objects.
An optional Vario remote control is available – enabling straightforward configuration of illumination settings from ground level (please select from the dropdown menu above).
Beam distances for Raytec Vario2 i8-3:
|10 x 10°
||606m at 10°
||350m at 20°
|35 x 10° (fitted as standard)
||285m at 35°
||165m at 70°
|60 x 25°
||164m at 60°
||100m at 120°
|80° x 30°
||121m at 80°
||81m at 140°
|120° x 50°
||80m at 120°
||65m at 180°
Please note: a power supply is not included with this illuminator, please select from the above dropdown menu if required.
Key features & benefits
- Triple-panel IR illuminator helps to enhance low-light surveillance in locations where light conditions are inadequate
- Outdoor-ready housing is IP66-rated – allowing it to be safely deployed in external locations
- 850nm LEDs offer unobtrusive surveillance and provide a maximum illumination distance of 606m
- A range of lens inserts allow users to select the most effective beam angle and illumination range to meet their requirements
- Delivers highly-diffused elliptical infrared beam, greater illumination distance and reduced light wastage using Hot-spot Reduction Technology (HRT)
- LED status indicators provide operational feedback for quick and easy maintenance reviews
- Green features, including power adjustment and telemetry control help to keep energy costs down
- Optional Vario remote control enables easy fine tuning from the ground
The Raytec Vario2 i8-2 IR illuminator helps to provide non-invasive, outdoor monitoring of large locations at night. In addition, the included lens inserts offer flexibility when matching illumination angles to the camera’s field of view. Typical applications include university campuses, shipping docks and industrial sites.
- 10°, 35° and 60° Vario holographic lens inserts
Optional (please select from the dropdown menu above):
- Power supply
- Raytec Vario remote control
- Raytec Vario holographic lens inserts