Overview of the Mobotix D26
The Mobotix D26 outdoor-ready dome IP camera features 6MP Mobotix Moonlight technology, pan/tilt lens adjustment and a flexible, decentralised system design. With a wide choice of lenses available in day or night options, this IK10-rated unit provides a versatile CCTV choice for exposed, outdoor locations. Mobotix video management software and mobile support is also available – free of charge.
This robust model is part of the Mobotix Mx6 Series and features a high-performance CPU that allows it to deliver twice the number of images per second than previous Mx5 units – capturing high-quality 6 megapixel images at up to 12 frames per second (fps), or smooth HD 720p at 42 fps. Each camera in the Mx6 Series also supports H.264 compression format (in addition to MxPEG and MJPEG) allowing users to select the right codec for their application and help manage bandwidth requirements efficiently. Mobotix Moonlight technology is also included to ensure the capture of highly detailed images, with reduced motion blurring in low light.
Supported lenses provide viewing angles from ultra-wide 103°, which allows large areas of the scene to be captured, down to 15° distant-tele which is suitable for long distance surveillance. This diverse selection of lenses provides the user with a variety of viewing options and makes the unit a versatile choice for a range of outdoor applications.
When ordering, please select the day or night lens that best suits your requirements. For more details on the lenses available for this model, click the Mobotix lens table to the right.
Key features & benefits
- 6MP sensor with high-sensitivity Moonlight technology produces high quality images - even in low light
- Variety of lens options from ultra-wide to distant-tele allow users to select the most suitable lens for their requirements
- Day (colour) or night (black and white) versions available
- Manual pan/tilt lens adjustment allows users to set the desired view during installation
- Advanced image processing, smart motion detection and analytics all built into the camera
- Digital PTZ controls allow the user to quickly view specific areas of the image in closer detail
- Support for encoding formats H.264, MxPEG and Motion JPEG to optimise use of network resources
- Free video management via Mobotix MxManagementCenter and the Mobotix iOS mobile app
- Multicast-Stream via RTSP allows multiple areas within the field of view to be streamed simultaneously
- On-board storage provides a backup if the network fails, recording files onto the MicroSD card
- Tough, IK10-rated housing offers protection in exposed locations that are prone to tampering
- Stainless-steel vandalism kit (not included) can be fitted for improved protection in exposed areas
- Decentralised design for a flexible, cost effective and easily scalable system
- Low maintenance – no heaters, fans or other moving parts
- Support for PoE reduces cabling by delivering both power and network connectivity via a single cable
this camera does not have a power supply included, please select from the accessories tab if required.
The decentralised design means each Mobotix IP camera is a self-contained surveillance system able to process and store video on-board the camera using built-in software and MicroSD card storage. No central data storage is required, bandwidth is lowered and additional recording software is not needed. This approach allows a Mobotix system to be expanded flexibly because no additional investments besides the purchase of new cameras is required.
- Advanced image processing
- MicroSD card (64GB max)
(4GB card included – a higher capacity card can be selected from the accessories tab)
Image processing inside the camera ensures high quality footage is captured using optimum exposure settings - even in challenging, high contrast lighting conditions. The camera's processor can also digitally correct panorama distortion to reduce the size of image data before it is saved. This lowers bandwidth and also allows multiple hemispheric cameras to be displayed on a PC or smartphone.
MxActivitySensor video motion detection intelligently detects movement and filters interference such as extraneous shadows or the movement of interior fixtures. This helps to reduce false alarms and provide accurate security monitoring.
MxAnalytics supports the collection of statistical behaviour data on people and objects. Heat mapping helps to identify highly frequented areas and counting data can also be displayed to reveal how many people or objects pass particular locations.
Available for all Mobotix cameras, Mobotix MxManagementCenter is free video management software that features no licence fees or update costs. The Mobotix iOS app is also available which provides users with remote access to video footage from a mobile device.
Robust design and low running cost
Mobotix network cameras are free from moving parts such as fans or heaters and the fibreglass reinforced housings are immune to corrosion and direct sunlight. They are also energy efficient, typically requiring less than 5 watts to operate - meaning little maintenance is required and the units are very economical to run.
All Mobotix cameras can use an external NAS for automatic backup and the built-in SD card acts as a failover buffer in case the connection to the NAS is lost.
Compatible recording platforms
The Mobotix D26 dome IP camera delivers high-quality 6MP video footage and features an IK10-rated housing – making it an ideal choice for organisations requiring reliable CCTV surveillance in exposed outdoor locations. Typical applications include loading bays, service stations and university campuses.
- Choice of lens (please select required lens from dropdown menu)
- Pre-installed 4GB SD card
- MxEasy video management software for systems including up to 16 cameras
- MxControlCenter video management software for larger systems
- Fixings and fixing tools including allen key
- 50cm patch cable
Optional (please select from the accessories tab):
- Higher capacity MicroSD card
- PoE midspan