Overview of the Mobotix Q26
The Mobotix Q26 is a compact dome IP camera with 6MP Moonlight technology that can be easily mounted on either walls or ceilings, delivering discreet CCTV surveillance. This IP66 and IK10-rated unit is available in both day or night versions and provides wide panoramic overviews of indoor or outdoor locations. It also includes edge storage, as well as free Mobotix video management software and mobile support.
Part of Mobotix’s high-performance Mx6 Series, this camera’s powerful CPU allows the capture of up to twice as many frames per second than its Q25 predecessor – delivering highly-detailed 6 megapixel images at up to 12 frames per second (fps), Full-HD at up to 34 fps or HD 720p at 42 fps. The Mx6 Series also introduces support for the H.264 compression format (alongside MxPEG and MJPEG) – giving users the ability to select the right codec for their application and help to manage bandwidth requirements efficiently. Additionally, this unit is equipped with Mobotix Moonlight technology which ensures that highly detailed images can be captured in low light with significantly reduced motion blur.
Offering full 360° panoramic views when installed on a ceiling panel, the unit’s fisheye lens can also deliver ultra-wide 180° views if mounted onto a vertical surface. With optimum placement of the camera, footage can be captured from all angles with reduction of blind spots. The original panoramic image can also be viewed with less distortion using built-in dewarping software which also supports additional viewing modes such as quad-view.
When ordering, please select the lens that best meets your requirements. For more details on the lenses available for this model, click the Mobotix lens table to the right.
Key features & benefits
- 6MP Moonlight technology and 1/1.8" CMOS sensor produce high quality images, even in low light
- Ultra-wide 180° fisheye lens provides panoramic overviews across indoor or outdoor areas with reduced blind spots
- Lenses available in either day (colour) or night (black and white) versions
- Built-in smart motion detection, advanced image processing and analytics
- Two-way audio supported through built-in microphone and speaker
- Robust IP66 and IK10-rated housing allows for safe deployment in external locations
- Suitable for wall or ceiling mounting for flexible installation options
- Mobotix MxManagementCenter and the Mobotix iOS mobile app offer free video management
- Flexible compression with support for H.264, MxPEG and Motion JPEG formats
- Can be expanded to use external sensors or relays using encrypted two-wire bus (MxBus)
- Multicast-Stream via RTSP allows multiple areas within the field of view to be streamed simultaneously
- MicroSD card provides edge storage and allows the camera to be used as a standalone unit
- Decentralised design for a flexible, cost effective and easily scalable system
- Low maintenance – no heaters, fans or other moving parts
- PoE support delivers power and network connectivity over a single cable
Please note: this camera does not have a power supply included, please select from the drop down menu above if required.
The decentralised design, which was pioneered by Mobotix, means that each camera is an independent surveillance system with the ability to process and store video on-board using built-in software and edge storage. With no central data storage or additional recording software required, the Q26 has reduced bandwidth usage. Using this approach means that users can expand their system easily with just the purchase of new cameras, with no need for additional system hardware.
- Advanced image processing
- MicroSD card (64GB max)
(4GB card included – a higher capacity card can be selected from the above drop down menu)
On-board image processing ensures high quality video is captured using optimum exposure settings - even in challenging or high contrast lighting conditions. Panorama distortion correction also takes place on-board to reduce the size of image data before it is saved – lowering bandwidth usage and allowing multiple panoramic cameras to be displayed on the user’s workstation or mobile device at the same time.
Mobotix’s MxActivitySensor provides accurate video motion detection and helps to reduce false alarms by being able to intelligently distinguish between movements of interest and extraneous information such as shadows or the movement of interior fixtures.
MxAnalytics supports the collection of statistical behaviour data on people and objects through heat maps which help to identify high traffic areas, while counting data can also be displayed which shows how many people or objects pass through set locations – and in what direction.
This camera also supports Mobotix’s free video management software MXManagementCenter with no licence fees or update costs. Remote access to footage is provided through the Mobotix iOS app on mobile devices.
Robust design and low running cost
The Q26 features no moving parts such as fans or heaters which results in less required maintenance. The robust fibreglass housing (IP66 and IK10-rated) offers long-life use even when deployed in areas with extreme weather conditions. Typically, only requiring less than 5 watts to operate, Mobotix cameras are also economical to run.
All Mobotix cameras can use an external NAS for automatic backup and the built-in SD card acts as a failover buffer in case the connection to the NAS is lost.
With 6-megapixel resolution and compact design, the Q26 network camera is an ideal choice for users who require discreet, highly-detailed panoramic surveillance of indoor or outdoor locations. Typical examples include hotel lobbies, supermarkets and petrol stations.
- Mobotix MxManagementCenter software
- MxEasy video management software for smaller systems (up to 16 cameras)
- MicroSD card (4gb included)
- Ethernet patch cable
- Screws and dowels
Optional (please select from the dropdown menu):
- High capacity MicroSD card (please select from the drop down-menu above)
- PoE midspan