Overview of the Mobotix M26
The Mobotix M26 is a robust and adaptable IP camera with 6MP Moonlight technology, providing dependable surveillance of indoor or outdoor locations.
Available in both day and night versions with a wide selection of lenses to choose from, the unit's casing is also IP66 and IK10-rated for durable outdoor use in harsh weather conditions. Additionally, this model includes storage at the edge, free Mobotix video management software and mobile support.
With its powerful CPU, this camera can deliver high-quality images with much improved frame rates when compared to its M25 predecessor – capturing 6 megapixel images at up to 12 frames per second (fps), Full-HD at up to 34 fps or HD 720p at 42 fps. In addition to MxPEG and MJPEG compression formats, this camera supports H.264, allowing users to select the right codec to help manage bandwidth requirements efficiently. Mobotix's Moonlight technology can also be found on this camera, ensuring that highly detailed images with reduced motion blur can be captured in low-light scenes.
A wide range of lenses are available, including a fisheye lens that provides panoramic overviews, through to an 8° super-tele lens which is ideal for long distance surveillance applications.
When ordering, select the day or night lens that best suits your requirements. For more details on the lenses available for this model, click the Mobotix lens table to the right.
Key features & benefits
- 6MP Moonlight technology and 1/1.8" CMOS sensor produce high quality images, even in low light
- Wide selection of day and night lenses to choose from, including fisheye or telephoto, offering flexibility for a range of applications
- Virtual PTZ can be performed on live or recorded images – reducing bandwidth use
- Advanced image processing, smart motion detection and analytics all built into the camera
- Support for two-way audio and telephony (VoIP & SIP) is provided via a built-in speaker and microphone
- Free video management via Mobotix MxManagementCenter and the Mobotix iOS mobile app
- Day (colour) or night (black and white) lenses are available to best suit requirements
- Support for encoding formats MxPEG, Motion JPEG and H.264 help to optimise use of network resources
- IP66 and IK10-rated for durable outdoor use in harsh weather conditions
- Wall, ceiling or pole mounting brackets are available for flexible installation
- Can be expanded to use external sensors or relays using encrypted two-wire bus (MxBus)
- Multiple areas within the field of view can be cropped and viewed simultaneously using multicast-stream via RTSP
- Decentralised design for a flexible, cost effective and easily scalable system
- Low maintenance – no heaters, fans or other moving parts
- PoE support delivers power and network connectivity over a single cable
Please note: this camera does not have a power supply included, please select from the drop-down menu above if required.
Pioneered by Mobotix, the decentralised design means that each camera is an independent surveillance system, able to process and store video on-board the camera using built-in software and edge storage. No central data storage or additional recording software is needed – resulting in reduced bandwidth usage. This flexible approach means that a system can be easily expanded with the purchase of new cameras, with no need for other additional investments.
- Advanced image processing
- MicroSD card (64GB max)
(4GB card included – a higher capacity card can be selected from the above drop-down menu)
With on-board image processing, high quality footage is captured using optimum exposure settings - even in scenes with challenging lighting conditions. The unit’s processor can also digitally corrects hemispheric images if using a fisheye lens, reducing the size of the image. This also lowers bandwidth usage and allows several panoramic cameras to be displayed on a PC or mobile device at the same time.
Mobotix’s MxActivitySensor reduces false alarms by intelligently distinguishing between movements of interest and extraneous factors such as shadows – providing accurate video motion detection.
MxAnalytics collects statistical behaviour data on people and objects through heat maps, identifying highly frequented areas and revealing how many people or objects pass through certain locations – especially useful in retail environments.
Mobotix MxManagementCenter is a free video management software that is supported by all Mobotix cameras, featuring no licence fees or update costs. Footage can also be accessed remotely using the Mobotix iOS app on mobile devices.
Robust design and low running cost
The M26 features no moving parts such as fans or heaters, resulting in less required maintenance, and the robust fibreglass housing (IP66 and IK10-rated) offers long life use even in extreme weather conditions. Mobotix cameras are also energy efficient, typically requiring less than 5 watts to operate which makes them economical to run.
In addition, all Mobotix cameras can use an external NAS for automatic backup and the built-in SD card acts as a failover buffer in case the connection to the NAS is lost.
Compatible recording platforms
With 6-megapixel resolution and robust housing, the M26 Allround network camera is an ideal choice for users who require outdoor surveillance in demanding locations. Typical examples include university campuses, train station terminals and car parks.
- Mobotix MxManagementCenter software
- MicroSD card
- Wall mount (fitted) and optional ceiling mount
- Gasket for wall and ceiling mount
- Ethernet patch cable
- Screws, caps, washers and plugs
- Mobotix MxEasy video management software for smaller systems (up to 16 cameras)
- Mobotix MxControlCenter video management software for larger systems
- High capacity MicroSD card (please select from the drop down-menu above)
- PoE midspan