Overview of the Mobotix S16 DualFlex
Featuring 6MP Mobotix Moonlight technology, the Mobotix S16 DualFlex core unit supports the connection of two separate lens modules to provide unobtrusive, indoor or outdoor CCTV surveillance. The full range of Mobotix day, night and thermal imaging lenses are available which can be placed up to 2m away from the core unit using the detachable cable (not included). It also includes edge storage, as well as free Mobotix video management software and mobile support.
This flexible model is part of the Mobotix Mx6 Series and features a high-performance CPU that allows it to capture twice the number of images per second compared to its S15 predecessor – delivering high-quality 6 megapixel images at up to 12 frames per second (fps), or HD 720p at 42 fps. The Mx6 Series also offers users a choice of three different compression formats, including H.264, which allows them to select the right codec to suit their application and manage bandwidth requirements efficiently. The unit is also equipped with Mobotix Moonlight technology to ensure detailed images with significantly reduced motion blur can be captured in low light.
A wide choice of day, night and thermal imaging lenses are available – allowing the user to create a unique monitoring solution to meet their exact viewing requirements. Compatible optical lenses ranging from an ultra-wide 180° to a super-tele 8° lens are available with either a day or night sensor, and users can choose between thermal lenses with either a 45°, 25° or 17° viewing angle.
When ordering, please select the lens combination that best suits your requirements. For more details on the lenses available for this model, click the Mobotix lens table to the right.
Key features & benefits
- Core unit supports the connection of up to two day, night or thermal imaging lens modules
- Mobotix’s full range of lenses is available and 3 different lens combinations are supported
- Detachable cable enables the core unit and lens modules to be separated by a distance of up to 2m
- 6MP sensor with high-sensitivity Moonlight technology produces high quality images - even in low light
- Day (colour) or night (black and white) optical lens versions are available
- Thermal lens modules provide thermal imaging at a resolution of 336 x 252 to detect objects in total darkness
- Built-in smart motion detection, advanced image processing and analytics
- Flexible compression with support for 3 different formats (MxPEG, Motion JPEG and H.264)
- Free video management via Mobotix MxManagementCenter and the Mobotix iOS mobile app
- Multicast-Stream via RTSP allows multiple areas within the field of view to be streamed simultaneously
- On-board storage provides a backup if the network fails, recording files onto the MicroSD card
- Support for power and network connectivity through PoE enables simple installation
- Decentralised design for a flexible, cost effective and easily scalable system
- Low maintenance – no heaters, fans or other moving parts
this camera does not have a power supply included, please select from the dropdown menu above if required.
The decentralised design means each camera is a ‘stand-alone’ surveillance system, with the ability to process and store video on-board the camera using built-in software and MicroSD card storage. No central data storage is needed, bandwidth is lowered and additional recording software is not required. This approach allows a Mobotix system to be expanded flexibly because no additional investments besides purchasing new cameras are required.
- Advanced image processing
- MicroSD card (64GB max)
(4GB card included – a higher capacity card can be selected from the above dropdown menu)
On-board image processing ensures high quality video is captured using optimum exposure settings - even in challenging or high contrast lighting conditions. Panorama distortion correction also takes place on-board to reduce the size of image data before it is saved; this lowers bandwidth and also allows multiple hemispheric cameras to be displayed on a PC or mobile device.
MxActivitySensor video motion detection has the ability to intelligently detect movement and filter interference such as extraneous shadows or the movement of interior fixtures. This reduces false alarms and helps to provide accurate security surveillance.
MxAnalytics allows statistical behaviour data of people and objects to be collected. Heat mapping helps to identify high traffic areas and counting data can also be displayed to show how many people or objects pass particular locations - and in which direction.
Mobotix MxManagementCenter is supported by all Mobotix network cameras and offers free video management - with no license fees or update costs. In addition, the Mobotix iOS app is available and provides users with remote access to video footage from a mobile device.
Robust design and low running cost
Mobotix network cameras feature no moving parts such as fans or heaters, and the fibreglass reinforced housings are immune to corrosion and direct sunlight. They are also energy efficient, typically requiring less than 5 watts to operate - meaning little maintenance is required and the units are very economical to run.
All Mobotix IP cameras can use an external NAS for automatic backup and the on-board MicroSD card acts as a failover buffer in case the connection to the NAS is lost.
Compatible recording platforms
The Mobotix S16 DualFlex IP cameras modular design and wide choice of day, night and thermal imaging lenses provides a flexible and non-invasive CCTV choice that is ideal for banks, government buildings and door-entry systems.
- Core module
- Your chosen sensor-lens modules(s) (please select from the dropdown menu)
- Your chosen sensor cable(s) (please select from the dropdown menu)
- 4GB MicroSD card
- Fixing kit including fixings and fixing tools
- Patch lead
- MxEasy video management software for smaller systems (up to 16 cameras)
- MxControlCenter video management software for larger systems
- PoE midspan (please select from the dropdown menu)
- Higher capacity MicroSD card (please select from the dropdown menu)
Thermal imaging cameras are only sold to businesses and not to private individuals
Export restrictions apply to certain countries
Thermal cameras are non-returnable unless faulty and covered by manufacturer warranty
IMPORTANT WARNING: Thermal cameras are not suitable for coronavirus, fever or COVID-19 detection and we do not recommend their use for this purpose.