Overview of the Mobotix AllroundDual M16
The Mobotix M16 is a versatile IP camera with 6MP Moonlight technology that delivers reliable surveillance of indoor or outdoor locations. The IP66-rated unit also features a modular lens design which supports the connection of two day or night lenses – making it a very adaptable ‘all-rounder’. It also includes edge storage, as well as free Mobotix video management software and mobile support.
Part of the high-performance Mx6 Series, the camera’s powerful CPU allows it to deliver up to twice as many images per second than its M15 predecessor – capturing high-quality 6 megapixel images at up to 12 frames per second (fps), or smooth HD 720p at 42 fps. Each camera in the Mx6 Series also supports H.264 compression format (in addition to MxPEG and MJPEG) allowing users to select the right codec for their application and help manage bandwidth requirements efficiently. Additionally, Mobotix Moonlight technology ensures highly detailed images with significantly reduced motion blur can be captured in low light.
Mobotix’s full range of optical lenses are available, ranging from the fisheye lens which can provide ultra-wide 180° views, through to the 8° super-tele lens that is ideal for long distance surveillance. One or two lens modules can be fitted into the main camera body – offering users a wide choice of lens combinations and viewing options.
When ordering, please select the day or night lenses that best suit your requirements. For more details on the lenses available for this model, click the Mobotix lens table to the right.
Key features & benefits
- 6MP sensor with high-sensitivity Moonlight technology produces high quality images - even in low light
- Modular design supports the connection of up to two day or night lenses (ranging from fisheye to super-tele)
- Day (colour) or night (black and white) lens versions are available
- Built-in smart motion detection, advanced image processing and analytics
- Digital PTZ controls allow the operator to quickly view specific areas of the image in closer detail
- Built-in microphone and speaker offer two-way audio support for communication between user and scene
- Regions of the image can be examined in closer detail using digital pan/tilt/zoom controls
- Integrated microphone and speaker offer two-way audio support for communication between user and scene
- Recordings can be stored locally to the on-board SD card and used as a backup if the network fails
- Built-in PIR sensor can detect motion - even in complete darkness
- Flexible compression with support for MxPEG, Motion JPEG and H.264 formats
- Free video management via Mobotix MxManagementCenter and the Mobotix iOS mobile app
- Multicast-Stream via RTSP allows multiple areas within the field of view to be streamed simultaneously
- Robust IP66 and IK07-rated housing allows for safe deployment in external locations
- PoE support delivers power and network connectivity over a single cable
- Decentralised design for a flexible, cost effective and easily scalable system
- Low maintenance – no heaters, fans or other moving parts
Please note: this camera does not have a power supply included, please select from the accessories tab if required.
The decentralised design means that each Mobotix IP camera is a self-contained CCTV system able to process and store video on-board the camera using built-in software and MicroSD card storage. No central data storage is required, bandwidth is lowered and there is no need for any additional recording software. Pioneered by Mobotix, this approach allows the system to be expanded flexibly because no additional investments besides purchasing new cameras are required.
- Advanced image processing
- MicroSD card (64GB max)
(4GB card included – a higher capacity card can be selected from the accessories tab)
Image processing inside the camera ensures high quality footage is captured using optimum exposure settings, even in challenging or high contrast lighting conditions. Panorama distortion correction is also support which helps to reduce the size of image data before it is saved, lowering bandwidth and allowing multiple hemispheric cameras to be displayed on a PC or mobile device.
MxActivitySensor provides accurate video motion detection and reduces false alarms by intelligently distinguishing between movements of interest and interference such as extraneous shadows or the movement of interior fixtures.
MxAnalytics makes it possible to collect statistical behaviour data on people and objects. Heat maps help to identify high traffic areas and counting data can also be displayed to show how many people or objects pass particular locations - and in which direction.
Available for all Mobotix cameras, Mobotix MxManagementCenter is free video management software that features no license fees or update costs. The Mobotix iOS app is also available which provides users with remote access to video footage from a mobile device.
Robust design and low running cost
Mobotix network cameras are free from moving parts such as fans or heaters and the fibreglass reinforced housings are immune to corrosion and direct sunlight. They are also energy efficient, typically requiring less than 7 watts to operate. This means they require little maintenance and they're economical to run.
In addition, all Mobotix cameras can use an external NAS for automatic backup and the on-board MicroSD card acts as a failover buffer in case the connection to the NAS is lost.
Compatible recording platforms
The Mobotix AllroundDual M16 network camera is a versatile all-rounder delivering high-quality video footage in 6 megapixel resolution. Typical applications include outdoor locations such as university campuses, industrial sites and train stations.
- 3 year manufacturer's warranty
- 4 GB MicroSD card
- Housing (high-resistance composite, PBT)
- Accessories for installation on wall or ceiling
- Allen wrenchs (2.5mm and 5mm)
- 50m patch cable
- Mobotix MxEasy video management software for smaller systems (up to 16 cameras)
- Mobotix MxControlCenter video management software for larger systems
Optional (please select from the accessories tab):
- PoE midspan
- Higher capacity MicroSD card