This Sony IP camera features a compact form factor, making it ideal for organisations requiring unobtrusive monitoring of indoor locations. The built-in PIR sensor provides motion detection to activate triggers including LED illuminators.
- HD 720p resolution
- Fixed lens: 120° viewing angle
- 2-way audio via microphone and speaker
- Integrated PIR sensor enhances monitoring
- XDNR improves lowlight images
- Sony 3-year warranty
This product has been discontinued. For alternative models please see Bosch IP cameras.
Overview of the Sony SNC-CX600
The SNC-CX600 IP camera from Sony is sleek and compact, making it ideal for unobtrusive security surveillance within hotels, offices, shops, restaurants, and for domestic use. Featuring advanced Sony imaging technologies and HD 720p resolution, the SNC-CX600 delivers crisp, highly detailed and smooth video footage. The 120° wide-angle lens provides effective coverage of large areas with a single camera. 24-hour monitoring in full colour day and night is possible through the white-light LED illuminators which simulate natural daylight up to 3m from the camera. Privacy masking can be applied for up to 20 zones for sensitive or private areas within the camera's field of view.
With an integrated PIR sensor, the SNC-CX600 can detect activity in complete darkness, automatically triggering the camera’s built-in LED illuminators to light the scene, whilst also sending the user an alert email. Recording is also triggered to the camera's integrated SD card. The integrated speaker enables a voice message to be sounded to warn off intruders if detected through the PIR, an integrated microphone also makes this camera suitable for use as an intercom.
The Sony IPELA EGINE EX signal processing platform and excellent Dynamic Noise Reduction technology (XDNR) enables clear and crisp image capture by preventing blur in low light conditions. Visibility enhancer adapts tones in images to improve quality and image stabiliser prevents motion blur if the camera is subject to movement or vibrations. Sony Wide-D wide dynamic range (WDR) enhances contrast in images where bright highlights and dark shadows exist simultaneously, improving detail visibility and providing more accurate colour reproduction. Face detection technology and tamper alarm provide secure and reliable security surveillance for a diverse range of applications.
Video footage can be directly recording onto a MicroSD card (card not included) which can be played back, searched and exported when using Internet Explorer. The SNC-CX600 supports Power over Ethernet (PoE) for easy installation. The camera also comes with a bracket allowing wall, desktop or ceiling mounting.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply included, please select from the accessories tab if required.
This camera is also available in a wireless version.
Key features & benefits
- HD 720p resolution alongside Sony's high performance, advanced image processing technologies provides crisp, high quality footage, improving detail and image clarity
- 120° wide horizontal viewing angle provides effective large area coverage with a single camera
- White light LED illuminators simulates natural daylight for full colour image capture at night-time for clear 24/7 surveillance
- Built in microphone and speaker provide full duplex audio, enabling intercom use
- PoE provides lower-cost and quicker installation
- Passive infrared (PIR) sensor provides motion detection capability to activate security functions inclulding LED illuminators, edge storage, Voice Alert and email notification
- XDNR eXcellent Dynamic Noise Reduction prevents blur from video captured under low illumination
- Image stabilisation minimises the effects of camera movement to produce clear, stable images
- DEPA advanced intelligent video analytics enable the camera to alert the user of activity via an alarm
- Voice alert feature plays a warning message through the built-in speaker when activity is detected
- VBR (variable bitrate) and CBR (constant bitrate) provide file size and bandwidth use flexibility, providing reduced demand across a network
- MicroSD card storage provides an alternate, cost-effective storage solution to PCs and servers (MicroSD card not included)
- ONVIF Profile S compatible
The Sony SNC-CX600 compact profile means it can easily blend into small commercial or home environments seamlessly, making it a suitable choice for unobtrusive surveillance. The built-in PIR sensor and enhanced low light image capture provides secure 24/7 surveillance for applications such as retail stores, hotels and small business premises where large area coverage may be required.
- Camera stand
- Installation manual
- Warranty card
- Safety regulations for network camera
Optional: (please select from the accessories tab)
Key technical features for Sony SNC-CX600
|Sensor:||1/4-type progressive scan Exmor CMOS|
|Lens:||horizontal viewing angle: 120°, vertical viewing angle: 64°, 1.83mm focal length, F2.0|
|Audio:||two-way G.711/G.726/AAC (16 kHz, 48 kHz)|
|Power:||IEEE802.3af compliant (PoE system)|
|Compatibility:||Windows XP (32 bit) Professional Edition "Windows Vista (32 bit) Ultimate, Business Edition" Windows 7 (32/64 bit) Ultimate, Professional Edition Windows 8 Pro (32/64 bit)
|Resolution:||1280 x 720, 1024 x 576, 720 x 576 720 x 480, 704 x 576, 640 x 480, 640 x 360, 352 x 288, 320 x 180 (H.264, JPEG)|
|Compression:||H.264 (high/main/baseline profile), JPEG|
|Frame-rate:||H.264: 30 fps (1280 x 720) JPEG: 30 fps (1280 x 720)|
|Bandwidth control:||CBR/VBR (selectable)|
|Day/night:||3m white LED illuminator|
|Minimum illumination:||50 IRE: colour: 1.0 lx (F2.0, VE OFF, AGC MAX, 1/30 s, 30 fps), 30 IRE: colour: 0.5 lx (F2.0, VE OFF, AGC MAX, 1/30 s, 30 fps) |
|Imaging:||white balance, auto focus, wide dynamic range, tone correction, image stabiliser, XNDR noise reduction|
Viewing, detection & recording
|Privacy masking:||20 zones, quadrangle shape formed by any four corner points, opaque 14 colours (black, white, red, green, blue, cyan, yellow, magenta, grey (6 scales)), mosaic|
|Number of users:||not given|
|Alarm detection:||tamper alarm, PIR sensor, face detection, intelligent motion detection, scene analytics, DEPA advanced analytics architecture|
|Alarm action:||recording to MicroSD card, email notification, activation of white-light LED illuminator, voice alert|
|On-camera recording:||Micro-SD card, SDHC (no support SDXC) (not included)|
|Recording software included:||n/a|
|Power:||IEEE802.3af compliant (PoE system)|
|Dimensions:||approx. 61 mm(w) ｘ 95 mm(H) x 41 mm(D)|
|Mounting methods:||camera stand (included)|
|Operating temperatures:||0° to +40°|
|Power consumption:||5W max|
|Protocols supported:||IPv4, TCP, UDP, ARP, ICMP, IGMP, HTTP, DHCP, DNS, NTP, RTP/RTCP, RTSP over TCP, SMTP over HTTP, IPv6, HTTPS, SNMP (v1, v2c, v3), SSL *SSM (Source Specific Multimedia) is supported|
|ONVIF compliant:||yes profile S|
Documentation for Sony SNC-CX600