This product has now been replaced by the Mobotix S26
Overview of the Mobotix S15M
The Mobotix S15M features 6MP Mobotix Moonlight technology, and can be easily installed into tight spaces to provide unobtrusive CCTV surveillance. The unit is IP66-rated for safe deployment in outdoor areas and is available in day or night versions. It also includes edge storage, as well as free Mobotix video management software and mobile support.
Equipped with a high-sensitivity 1/1.8” CMOS sensor – the unit delivers 6 megapixel resolution at up to 8 frames per second (fps), or HD 720p at 30 fps. In addition, Mobotix Moonlight technology ensures that highly detailed images with significantly reduced motion blur can be captured in low light.
Providing ultra-wide 180° views when mounted onto a vertical surface, the camera’s fisheye lens can also offer a full 360° view if installed into a ceiling panel. Optimum camera positioning ensures footage can be captured from all angles – helping to eliminate blind spots. Alternative viewing models, such as quad-view are supported by the on-board dewarping software which allows the original panoramic image to be seen with less distortion.
When ordering, please select the lens that best suits your requirements. For more details on the lenses available for this model, click the Mobotix lens table to the right.
Key features & benefits
- 6MP sensor with high-sensitivity Moonlight technology produces high quality images, even in low light
- Fisheye lens helps to reduce blind spots, offering panoramic overviews across indoor or outdoor areas
- Compact form factor allows for unobtrusive installation in tight spaces to provide non-invasive CCTV
- IP66-rated weather-resistant casing offers protection in harsh weather conditions
- Lenses available in either day (colour) or night (black and white) versions
- Built-in smart motion detection, advanced image processing and analytics
- Quick close-ups can also be obtained easily using digital pan/tilt/zoom controls
- Encoding formats MxPEG and Motion JPEG are supported to optimise use of network resources
- Free video management via Mobotix MxManagementCenter and the Mobotix iOS mobile app
- On-board storage provides a backup if the network fails, recording files onto the MicroSD card
- Support for PoE reduces cabling by delivering both power and network connectivity via a single cable
- Decentralised design for a flexible, cost effective and easily scalable system
- Low maintenance camera system features no heaters, fans or other moving parts
Please note: this camera does not have a power supply included, please select from the drop down menu above if required.
Mobotix pioneered the decentralised approach to IP video. This concept means each camera is a self-contained monitoring system able to process and store video on-board the camera using built-in software and MicroSD card storage. No central data storage is required, bandwidth is lowered and there is no need for any additional recording software. This approach makes a Mobotix system very flexible when expanding because no additional investments besides purchasing new cameras are required.
- Advanced image processing
- MicroSD card (64GB max)
(4GB card included – a higher capacity card can be selected from the above drop down menu)
Image processing on-board the camera ensures high quality footage is captured using optimum exposure settings - even in challenging or high contrast lighting conditions. The camera's processor also digitally corrects panorama distortion to reduce the size of image data before it is saved, reducing bandwidth and enabling dozens of hemispheric cameras to be displayed on a PC or mobile device.
MxActivitySensor video motion detection intelligently detects movement and filters interference such as extraneous shadows or the movement of interior fixtures. This helps to reduce false alarms, providing accurate security monitoring. Both features are particularly helpful in retail environments.
Statistical behaviour data of people and objects can be collected using Mobotix MxAnalytics. Heat maps help to identify high traffic areas and counting data can also be displayed to show how many people or objects pass particular locations - and in which direction.
Supported by all Mobotix IP cameras, Mobotix MxManagementCenter offers free video management - with no license fees or update costs. The Mobotix iOS app is also available and provides users with remote access to video footage from a mobile device.
Robust design and low running cost
Mobotix IP cameras are free from moving parts, such as fans or heaters and the fibreglass reinforced housings are immune to corrosion and direct sunlight. They are also energy efficient, typically requiring less than 5 watts to operate - meaning they require little maintenance and are economical to run.
The full Mobotix range can also use an external NAS for automatic backup. Additionally, the on-board MicroSD card acts as a failover buffer in case the connection to the NAS is lost.
Compatible recording platforms
The Mobotix S15M network camera delivers high-quality 6 megapixel resolution and offers a non-invasive surveillance solution in areas with tight spaces, where a traditional CCTV camera may not be suitable. Typical applications include cash points, outside of licensed premises and retail store entrances.
- Your chosen sensor (please select from dropdown menu)
- 4GB Micro-SD card
- Fixing kit including fixings and fixing tools
- Patch lead
- MxEasy video management software for systems including up to 16 cameras
- MxControlCenter video management software for larger systems
Optional (please select from the dropdown menu):
- PoE midspan
- High capacity MicroSD card