Overview of the Raytec Vario2 PoE i8-1
Call for availability prior to ordering
The outdoor-ready Vario2 PoE i8-1 infrared (IR) illuminator from Raytec can be used alongside any IP camera that features an IR-cut filter to enhance surveillance at night. Part of the high-performance Vario2 range, this unit also features Hot-spot Reduction Technology (HRT) and can be installed easily using Power-over-Ethernet (PoE).
Ideal for monitoring large areas in complete darkness, this model provides up to 350m of IR illumination at a 10° beam angle. If an alternative beam angle is required, the flexible Vario interchangeable lens system allows users to easily fit any of the included lens inserts (10°, 35° or 60°). 80° or 120° lens inserts are also available if a wider angle is required (please select from dropdown menu).
By utilising Raytec’s Hot Spot Reduction Technology (HRT) this unit ensures that light is delivered to where it is most needed, whilst preventing foreground objects becoming overexposed. In addition, the combination of Platinum Elite SMT LED technology and an enhanced Cool Running thermal management system help to make this model a powerful and reliable illuminator choice.
Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) support supplies power via a standard Ethernet cable and allows the illuminator to be plugged directly into the network infrastructure – simplifying installation. For quick and handy configuration of settings from ground level, an optional Vario remote control is also available (please select from the dropdown menu above).
Beam distances for Raytec Vario2 PoE i8-1:
|10 x 10°||350m at 10°
|35 x 10° (fitted as standard)||165m at 35°
|60 x 25°||95m at 60°
|80° x 30°||70m at 80°
|120° x 50°||45m at 120°
Please note: this illuminator does not come with a power supply, please select from the above dropdown menu if required.
Key features & benefits
- Infrared illuminator provides low-light surveillance in locations where light conditions are inadequate
- With an IP66-rated housing, this unit is designed for reliable use in demanding conditions
- Semi-covert 850nm LEDs offer discreet surveillance and provide a maximum illumination distance of 350m
- A choice of lens inserts allows users to select the most effective beam angle and illumination range to meet their requirements
- Elliptical infrared beam is highly diffused and delivers light to where it is required using Hot Spot Reduction Technology (HRT)
- A range of ‘green’ features are built-in to enhance the potential for energy savings
- Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) support reduces and cabling and simplifies installation
- Easy fine tuning from the ground using the optional remote control
The versatile Raytec Vario i8-1 IR illuminator is supplied with a range of lens inserts and delivers enhanced low-light surveillance in outdoor locations. Ideal for monitoring across long distances, typical applications include car parks, loading bays and university campuses.
- 10°, 35° and 60° lenses
Optional (please select from the dropdown menu above if required):
- PoE midspan
- 80° or 120° lens