Overview of the Mobotix v26
The Mobotix v26 is a durable dome IP camera with 6MP Mobotix Moonlight technology, pan/tilt lens adjustment and a wide choice of day or night lenses. It’s IK10-rated housing allows it to be safely deployed in exposed, indoor areas and a stainless-steel vandalism kit (not included) is also available for improved protection against camera tampering attempts. Additional features include edge storage, as well as free Mobotix video management software and mobile support.
This robust model is part of the Mobotix Mx6 Series and features a high-performance CPU which allows it to capture twice the number of images per second than previous Mx5 models – delivering high-quality 6 megapixel video footage at up to 12 frames per second (fps), or smooth HD 720p at 42 fps. In addition to MxPEG and MJPEG compression formats, H.264 is also supported - allowing users to select the most suitable codec for their application and manage bandwidth requirements efficiently. Additionally, the camera is equipped with Mobotix Moonlight technology to ensure highly detailed images with significantly reduced motion blurring can be captured in low light.
Users can choose between a variety of lenses ranging from a 103° ultra-wide lens that allows large areas of the scene to be captured, down to a 15° distant-tele which can isolate an entrance, corridor or point of sale. This wide choice of lens options helps make the v26 an ideal CCTV choice for a wide range of indoor applications.
When ordering, please select the day or night lens that best suits your requirements. For more details on the lenses available for this model, click the Mobotix lens table to the right.
Key features & benefits
- 6MP sensor with high-sensitivity Moonlight technology produces high quality images - even in low light
- Wide selection of lens options from ultra-wide to distant-tele allow users to choose the most suitable lens for their requirements
- Day (colour) or night (black and white) versions available
- Stainless-steel vandalism kit, rated IK10+ (not included - select from the dropdown menu) can be fitted for improved protection in exposed areas
- Manual pan/tilt helps achieve optimum angle of view during installation
- Built-in smart motion detection, advanced image processing and analytics
- Digital PTZ controls allow the user to quickly view specific areas of the image in closer detail
- Flexible compression with support for H.264, MxPEG and Motion JPEG formats
- Mobotix MxManagementCenter and the Mobotix iOS mobile app provide a free video management solution
- Recordings can be stored locally to the on-board MicroSD card and used as a backup if the network fails
- Cost-effective to install and economical to run with support for PoE below 5 watts
- Low maintenance – no heaters, fans or other moving parts
this camera does not have a power supply included, please select from the dropdown menu above if required.
Mobotix pioneered the decentralised approach to IP video. This concept means that each camera is an independent surveillance system with the ability to process and store video on-board the camera, using built-in software and MicroSD card storage. No central data storage is required, bandwidth is reduced and there is no need for any additional recording software. This approach makes a Mobotix system very cost effective when expanding as no additional investments besides the purchase of new cameras is required.
- Advanced image processing
- MicroSD card (64GB max)
(4GB card included – a higher capacity card can be selected from the above dropdown menu)
On-board image processing ensures high quality footage is captured using optimum exposure settings, even in challenging or high contrast lighting conditions. The unit’s processor also digitally corrects panorama distortion to reduce the size of image data before it is saved. This lowers bandwidth and allows dozens of hemispheric cameras to be displayed on a PC or smartphone.
MxActivitySensor provides accurate video motion detection and reduces false alarms by intelligently distinguishing between movements of interest and interference such as extraneous shadows or the movement of interior fixtures.
MxAnalytics makes it possible to collect statistical behaviour data on people and objects. Heat mapping helps to identify highly frequented areas and counting data can also be displayed to reveal how many people or objects pass particular locations.
Supported by all Mobotix network cameras, Mobotix MxManagementCenter offers free video management - with no licence fees or update costs. The Mobotix iOS app is also available and provides users with remote access to video footage from a mobile device.
Robust design and low running cost
Mobotix IP cameras are free from moving parts such as fans or heaters and the fibreglass reinforced housings are immune to corrosion and direct sunlight. They are also energy efficient, typically requiring less than 7 watts to operate. This means they require little maintenance and are economical to run.
All Mobotix models can use an external NAS for automatic backup and the built-in MicroSD card acts as a failover buffer in case the connection to the NAS is lost.
Compatible recording platforms
The Mobotix v26 dome IP camera delivers high-quality video footage in 6 megapixel resolution and is an ideal choice for indoor locations that may be prone to vandalism. Typical applications include airports, nightclubs and police stations.
- Choice of lens (please select required lens from dropdown menu)
- Pre-installed 4GB MicroSD card
- MxEasy video management software for smaller systems (up to 16 cameras)
- MxControlCenter video management software for larger systems
- Fixings and fixing tools including allen key
- 50cm patch cable
Optional (please select from dropdown menu):
- Higher capacity MicroSD card
- PoE midspan
- Stainless-steel vandalism kit