This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Wisenet XRN-820S
Overview of the Synology NVR216 (4CH)
This desktop network video recorder by Synology offers a standalone monitoring and recording solution for up to 4 camera channels, without the need of a PC. Synology’s Surveillance Station video management software is supported, offering an open platform for over 4700 cameras from 90 brands. Two drive bays house a maximum of 16TB storage, expandable to 7 drives using Synology’s DX513 expansion unit. Additional features include audio support and remote access via the Surveillance Station mobile app.
With a dedicated HDMI output and multiple USB ports, the user can connect a 1080p HD monitor, keyboard and mouse – all without requiring any costly computer. A microphone can also be connected via the audio input to support communication via two-way audio enabled cameras. This compact all-in-one solution allows the user to monitor live feeds, change IP camera settings and even browse stored video footage.
Surveillance Station is supported and offers an intuitive user interface, including a range of features to help provide reliable CCTV surveillance. Multi-view layouts are configurable to help enhance scene awareness, allowing a number of camera channels to be monitored simultaneously. The software supports PTZ camera control, ideal when closely monitoring a person or incident, and digital pan-tilt-zoom allows areas of interest to be examined more closely. Efficient alarm management, with the use of video motion detection, helps alert users of possible incidents for effective monitoring. Additional external devices, such as a speaker can be connected via the audio output to enhance alarm signalling and notify operators of events.
Recordings can be set to scheduled periods of time or in response to an event or alarm signal. A range of effective recording and playback management features, such as Smart Search, allow the quick retrieval of data for event analysis.
Remote monitoring is supported using Synology’s DS cam application, allowing operators to view live footage and watch recordings from a mobile device. When alarms are triggered, notifications can also be sent to the app to alert to operator of possible incidents when they are away from site.
Key features & benefits
- Affordable network video recorder with support for up to 4 camera channels
- Supports Surveillance Station video management software and includes 4 camera channel licences
- ONVIF compatibility and open platform architecture supports over 4700 IP cameras
- Maximum of 16TB storage across two bays and includes an eSATA port for expansion
- HDMI output allows the connection of an HD monitor for an effective standalone setup
- Two-way audio support enables communication between the user and persons close to the camera
- USB ports allow the connection of accessories, such as a keyboard and mouse, for easy navigation around the user interface
- Supports resolutions from 720p (30fps) over 4 channels to 5MP (10fps) over 3 channels
- Support for multi-layout display allows multiple channels or areas of a scene to be viewed at the same time for detailed analysis
- PTZ camera control provides wide scene coverage with a single IP camera
- Responsive digital pan-tilt-zoom control allows areas of the scene to be examined in further detail
- Video motion detection and tampering alarms can be configured for reliable CCTV monitoring
- Recordings can be configured to run continuously or for scheduled periods to best suit the user’s requirements
- A speaker can be connected via the integrated audio port for enhanced alarm signalling
- Smart Search features allows the user to quickly retrieve recordings
- DS cam mobile app provides handy remote access to live video and playback of recordings from iOS and Android devices
The Synology NVR216 network video recorder offers a cost-effective recording and monitoring solution for up to 4 IP cameras. The integrated HDMI output allows connection to a local display, providing a simple standalone solution. Ideal for small applications such as independent retail stores, petrol stations and small offices.
- AC power adapter
- RJ-45 LAN cable
- AC Power Cord
Back To Top
- Storage: please select from above drop down menu if required