This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Wisenet XRN-820S
Overview of the Synology NVR216 (9CH)
With support for up to 9 camera channels, this network video recorder by Synology offers an all-in-one surveillance solution - without the need of a PC. It is pre-installed with Synology’s Surveillance Station video management software, offering open platform support for over 4700 cameras from 90 brands. The device includes two drive bays that support 2 x 8TB storage. Synology’s DX213 or DX513 expansion units can be used to increase the available space to 4 or 7 drives. Additionally, operators have the ability to access their system remotely via the Surveillance Station mobile app.
The user is able to connect a monitor, keyboard and mouse via the integrated HDMI output and multiple USB ports – all without requiring any costly computer. Additionally, a microphone can be connected to support communication via two-way audio enabled cameras. This compact unit provides a simple standalone solution allowing the user to manage IP camera settings, watch live feeds and retrieve recordings.
The pre-installed Surveillance Station software offers a range of features to help enhance security monitoring. By utilising the multi-view feature, a number of cameras can be monitored at the same time – providing a handy system overview. Support for PTZ camera control is helpful when tracking a person or event in real-time and digital pan-tilt-zoom allows investigation into areas of interest. With the use of video motion detection alerts and enhanced alarm signalling, the operator can be notified of suspicious activity or other events as they unfold.
Recordings can be scheduled for specific time periods or as a response to an alarm signal. Pre and post-alarm recording allows activity around the time of an alarm to be captured – helpful for evidence gathering. Other recording and playback features, such as Smart Search, enable the quick retrieval of data for event analysis.
Synology’s DS cam application is ideal for smaller systems and provides operators with remote access to live footage as well as playback of recordings – all from a mobile device. Notifications can be sent to the app as a result of an alarm trigger to alert users of possible incidents when away from site.
Key features & benefits
- Affordable network video recorder with support for up to 9 camera channels
- Surveillance Station video management software is pre-installed and includes 9 camera channel licences
- ONVIF compatibility and open platform architecture supports over 4700 IP cameras
- Two integrated driver bays house a maximum of 16TB storage
- Built-in eSATA port allows the connection of expansion units for additional storage
- An HD 1080p monitor can be connected via the HDMI output for a simple standalone setup
- Support for two-way audio enables communication in real time with those close to the camera
- A keyboard and mouse can be connected via the USB ports to enable easy navigation around the user interface
- Supports HD 720p at 30fps over 9 channels or a maximum of 5MP at 10fps, over fewer channels
- Camera channels can be displayed simultaneously with the multi-view feature – ideal for maintaining a system-wide overview
- PTZ camera control allows a large scene to be monitored with one IP camera
- Digital pan-tilt-zoom control enables the original image to be examined in greater detail – helpful for identification purposes
- A range of configurable video motion detection alarms help to enhance security monitoring
- Alarm signalling can be enhanced with the connection of external audio devices via the integrated audio port
- Recordings can be configured to run continuously or for scheduled periods to best suit the user’s requirements
- Smart Search enables the quick and easy retrieval of recordings
- Remote access to live video and playback of recordings with the Synology DS cam mobile app
The Synology NVR216 network video recorder offers a cost-effective surveillance solution for up to 9 IP cameras. The pre-installed VMS software, alongside a dedicated HDMI output and multiple USB ports, allows this unit to be used as a standalone surveillance solution. Suitable for small organisations, typical applications include small offices, service stations and independent retail stores.
- AC power adapter
- RJ-45 LAN cable
- AC Power Cord
Back To Top
- Storage: please select from above drop down menu if required